A selection of articles related to art etymology.
Original articles from our library related to the Art Etymology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Art Etymology.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Art Etymology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Art Etymology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Current progress in Altaic etymology
- Blažek : Current Progress in Altaic Etymology. Linguistica ONLINE. Added: January, 30th 2006.
- psychologist" but as a "biologist of the mind" is hardly new. The
- to his life-long passion for symbols, mythology, comparative religion, art, etymology, linguistics, and a whole range of hermeneutic disciplines.
- BUSINESS HISTORY REVIEW The Bourgeois Virtues: Ethics for an
- concerning drama, poetry, art, etymology, and history, especially Dutch history.
- Arts: A Science Matter (414 Pages)
- PART I PHILOSOPHY AND HISTORY OF ARTS. 2 The Latin “Artes” and the Origin of Modern “Arts”. 35 2.
Suggested News Resources
- Give up the funk
- The romantic version of Funk Art's etymology says it came from jazz music, where 'funky' was a term of approbation. Jazz is also perceived as unrefined and — especially with late 50s free jazz — unorthodox.
Suggested Web Resources
- art - Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary. Search: Look up art at Dictionary.com: early 13c.
- 1 - Online Etymology Dictionary
- The Online Etymology Dictionary. Search: Search Mode early 13c.
- Art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This article is about the general concept of Art. For the categories of different artistic other colloquial uses of the word, all with some relation to its etymology.
- art - Wiktionary
- Middle English art from Old French art from Latin artem, accusative of ars "art".
- 20kWEB: Origin of the word Art. Etymology of the word Art.
- Origin of the word Art. Etymology of the word Art. Dictionary of etymology.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Art Etymology Topics
geography of bangladesh physiography
history of chemistry
chinese checkers strategy guide
battle of ramree island