A selection of articles related to artemis worship.
Original articles from our library related to the Artemis Worship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Artemis Worship.
- The twins Artemis and Apollo
- The story of the twin gods Artemis and Apollo was filled with intrigue and deception. Their conception was controversial in itself
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Worshipping a god or goddess in fact is paying homage to the great shining light at the core of your being. You acknowledge that there is more than everyday reality and honor it. The various godheads are different 'gestalts', energy beings, or facets of the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Renewal, Worship, Cocoa and Home
- from the valley floor i watch as the first green-gold rays a hint of glory to come burst victoriously from behind blue mountains capped with blinding white in the distance dim and barely heard the crow of a rooster lowing of cattle snowbirds begin their daily...
Poetry & Fable >> Poetry
- Twin sister of Apollo, Goddess of wild animals, the wilderness in general, the hunt, and a protectress of womankind in all its aspects. A bucolic Divinity, she is not much seen among the dwellers of Olympus, but she was one of the most popular Divinities...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Jezebel was a Phoenician princess and the daughter of Ethbaal, the king of Baal-worshipping Sidonians. Jezebel literally means
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
Artemis Worship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Artemis Worship books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “The Dreaded Marriage Roles Sermon” Ephesians 5:21-33
- (e.g. look up Artemis worship on the internet).
- What shall I wear to worship? (G. Kappas) 1. Study 1 Tim 2:8-9
- Godly women do not dress like those who worship the Ephesian goddess Artemis and they should not be confused with prostitutes. “Discretely.
- aus: Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik 93 (1992) 219–221
- Ephesian Artemis.
- Biblical City of Ephesus in Turkey
- period, they promoted the worship of Artemis by minting coins with the inscription, 'Diana of Ephesus.'” (Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary, pp. 345–346).
- Women and Ministry at IBC
- can surely suspect that women reared in Artemis worship would also be causing problems. Their lack of scriptural education was exacerbating the problem.
Suggested News Resources
- Campus ministry conflict
- Controversies over women's roles in ministry have rocked churches in recent decades. But at the University of Louisville's chapter of Cru, the conflict has entered the world of campus ministry.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hippolytus was put to death by his father and Artemis resurrected him and sent him to Italy to establish her worship among the people.
- Artemis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Artemis, the goddess of forests and hills, was worshipped throughout ancient Greece.
- Different Aspects of Artemis
- Artemis' worship was respected and accepted by the people of the area, who Devotion to Artemis and Cybele was widespread and fervent, and since.
- ARTEMIS : Greek Goddess of Hunting & the Wilderness | Mythology
- The Taurian Artemis. The legends of this goddess are mystical, and her worship was orgiastic and connected, at least in early times, with human sacrifices.
- Under the shadow of the temple of Artemis (Diana), ghostly priests and miracle workers abounded.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Artemis Worship Topics
serbian epic poetry excerpts
j edgar hoover fbi legacy
dalarna county miscellaneous topics
list of swedish surnames