Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Novels
A selection of articles related to arthur conan doyle historical novels.
Original articles from our library related to the Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Novels. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Novels.
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- King Arthur
- Based on a historical Welsh warlord of the first quarter of the 6th century CE, indirect evidence points toward a Lord of Britain circa 496-537 CE as the basis for the legend. King Arthur is certainly the best-known and most revered figure in British folklore....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Novels is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Arthur Conan Doyle Historical Novels books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Secret History of the Girl Detective
- Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet (1887) introduced Sherlock Holmes to the world; six years later, when Conan Doyle killed off Holmes and nemesis Professor Moriarty so he'd finally have time to write historical novels, readers protested.
- TV: More than 50 new, returning shows for spring
- Tom Hiddleston stars in this contemporary adaptation of the John le Carré espionage novel. ... Harry Houdini (Michael Weston) and Arthur Conan Doyle (Stephen Mangan) investigate unsolved and possibly supernatural crimes in the freshman series.
- Adventures in the Strand by Mike Ashley review – Arthur Conan Doyle beyond
- By the end of his 40-year collaboration with publisher George Newnes and editor Herbert Greenhough Smith, Doyle had produced more than 250 pieces for the magazine, including 120 stories, 9 serialised novels and dozens of miscellaneous items.
- The eerie math that could predict terrorist attacks
- As one academic discussion of the topic points out, if you made a forecast in 1864 about how many presidents would be assassinated in office based on historical data, the expected number would be zero. But over the next 40 years, four U.S.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.