A selection of articles related to arthurian cycle.
Original articles from our library related to the Arthurian Cycle. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Arthurian Cycle.
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Water Wisdon
- If you are lucky enough to live near mineral springs that naturally flow from the EarthMother's body, then you are lucky enough. If you do not live near mineral springs, locate some somewhere and make a pilgrimage there (weekly, monthly, annually, as often...
The Elements >> Water
- This Shall Not Be!
- The pick makes a dull thump as it bites into the frozen earth. The grave needs to be about 3 feet deep. I hope the work will distract me from the night's coming events. Snow dances down from the darkening skies. As I dig, I take out some of my grief, my...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Arthurian Cycle is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Arthurian Cycle books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Origins of the Arthurian Legend
- origins of the arthurian legends arthuriana 5.3(fall 1995). The Origins of the Arthurian Legend geoffrey ashe.
- The Matter of Britain: An Introduction to Arthurian Legend
- An Introduction to. Arthurian Legend hen most Western contemporaries remi- nisce upon Arthur the King, they inevitably do so with a certain wistfulness, a sense ...
- The Development of Arthurian Legends
- The topic of Arthurian legends in medieval Europe is fascinating because all of the .... The section of most interest to the movement of Arthurian legend would be.
- Arthurian Genealogy
- Arthurian Genealogy in Late Legends. Uther. Pendragon.
- The Matter of Britain - Faculty | Fordham - Fordham University
- be the corpus of Arthurian legend—which constitute what mythographers call the ... Britain:' a myth-cycle extending from the legendary founding of “Britain” to the ...
Suggested News Resources
- The Remarkable Persistence of the Green Man
- Carolyne Larrington's “The Land of the Green Man” isn't squarely focused on its titular figure; it is a survey crammed with every myth, legend, elf, giant, and fairy tale related to the British landscape.
- Condemned To Vagrancy: The Strange World Of... Matmos
- After we set it up on stage, Martin started the fill process and we all set stopwatches running by the side of the stage because we knew we absolutely had to stop dead on when [the spin cycle] ended.
- LA theater openings, Feb. 14-21: 'Past Time,' 'Pocatello' and more
- Monty Python's Spamalot Hit musical based on the British comedy troupe's spoof of Arthurian legends; features adult content. Rose Center Theater, 14140 All American Way, Westminster. Sun.
- Twenty years after the protests, what is the legacy of the Newbury bypass?
- It was the anti-road demonstration that gave birth to a generation of eco-warriors. Those who were there in 1996 tell how the standoff changed the physical and political landscape. Protesters await the bailiffs at the Newbury bypass in 1996.
- The quest for the Holy Grail
- The Welsh romance Peredur continued the theme, but the story really took form in the Vulgate Cycle, a series of Arthurian legends written anonymously in the 13th century.
Suggested Web Resources
- Matter of Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Matter of Britain is the body of medieval literature and legendary material associated with ... The Arthurian literary cycle is the best known part of the Matter of Britain. It has succeeded largely because it tells two interlocking stories that have ...
- King Arthur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- King Arthur was a legendary British leader who, according to medieval histories and romances, ..... The development of the medieval Arthurian cycle and the character of the "Arthur of romance" culminated in Le Morte d'Arthur, Thomas Malory's ...
- List of literary cycles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Anansi tales, which center on the Ashanti of Ghana trickster spider-spirit Anansi, and its variations in the Americas as Ti Malice and Bouki in Haiti, Br'er Rabbit or John and Old Master in the Southern US. The Matter of Britain (or the " Arthurian cycle"), which centers on King Arthur ...
- Arthurian legend | Britannica.com
- Feb 3, 2015 Arthurian legend, the body of stories and medieval romances, known ... kernel of a cyclic work known as the Prose Lancelot, or Vulgate cycle (c.
- Timeline of Arthurian History & Legend - Britannia.com
- c.1160-90 - Chretien de Troyes, the greatest of the medieval romance writers, makes his five contributions to the Arthurian cycle during this period. His Arthurian ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.