A selection of articles related to ascetic practice.
Original articles from our library related to the Ascetic Practice. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ascetic Practice.
- What is Necromantic Practice?
- First off, Necromantic Practice is NOT a Religion. You can be a Christian, Jew, Pagan, etc.and still practice Necromantics. (I prefer to use this term instead of the ever-tarnished "Necromancy") Death touches ALL Religions, therefore is not a...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Meditation, Felling and Group Mind (GM3)
- The main reason why the modern person usually assumes they have little to no psychic sensitivity, is because they are not in touch with their feelings. The second most prevalent reason for this attitude, is due to our training in the modern paradigm. In...
Mind >> Meditation
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Staying in the Energy of Love ~ Conscious Relationships
- At the beginning of a relationship, it is easy to love. You don't have to do much to receive love. Both of you give and receive, like in a wonderful dance. We believe that love should remain like that forever. In reality, love is a continuous state of being....
Body Mysteries >> Relationships
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Raising the World Mind (GM10-11)
- Part 1 | Part 2 Part 1 The wise live in accord with natural laws. It is they who understand that the laws of nature are much higher than the laws of man, because breaking them implies penalties far greater than a fine or prison sentence. When a person...
Mind >> World Mind
Ascetic Practice is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ascetic Practice books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Leading the Life of Angels: Ascetic Practice and Reflection in the
- Ascetic Practice and Reflection in the Writings of Evagrius of Pontus. David E. Linge.
- The Ascetic Practice of Eating Sweets: Transcribing Oral Narrative
- The Ascetic Practice of Eating Sweets: Transcribing Oral Narrative. Kirin Narayan .
- Artistic Performance and Ascetic Practice
- Kline | Artistic Performance and Ascetic Practice. 175 forgot the giant with whom they lived.
- Ascetic Spirituality: A Conversation With Thomas a Kempis and
- Here are some examples of the "disciplines of ascetic spirituality.
- Study for Ramadan “Is not this the fast I choose”: Practices of Fasting
- “Is not this the fast I choose”: Practices of Fasting in Islam and Christianity.
Suggested News Resources
- The Nine Days of Av and Vegetarianism
- God ordered them back into the cave until they were prepared to live in the natural world, away from ascetic practice. Here as well, the restricted diet is an important piece of self-denial.
- Closed Kitchen
- Shabbat is not conceptualized as an ascetic practice; rather, the obligatory nature of Shabbat and its attending constraints are supposed to usher in a higher luxury. Eating has always been central to that sense of luxury.
Suggested Web Resources
- Asceticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- As per the Jain vows, the monks and nuns renounce all relations and possessions. Jain ascetics practice complete nonviolence.
- Japanese Ascetic Practice
- A Look at Japanese Ascetic Practice. One traceable tradition goes back to En-no- Gyoja (c 7th century CE), also known as En the Ascetic.
- Art as an Ascetic Practice | Comment Magazine | Cardus
- Art as an Ascetic Practice. July 9, 2010 - Daniel Siedell. Contemporary culture misunderstands artistic practice and the academy is complicit.
- Hagiography as an Ascetic Practice in the Early Christian East
- Hagiography as Ascetic Practice for emulation and reflection.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.