A selection of articles related to ascetical theology.
Original articles from our library related to the Ascetical Theology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ascetical Theology.
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Aspects of Religion: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- Among early Pagans, religion was a fact taken for granted, "requiring no explanation." There was no need to define religion because religion was a part of each persons being. "We have not yet encountered in Egyptian and Babylonian literature a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Ascetical Theology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ascetical Theology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MASTER OF ARTS in Ascetical Theology TRACKING FORM
- Jun 27, 2011 MASTER OF ARTS in Ascetical Theology TRACKING FORM. [45 CREDITS NEEDED TO GRADUATE].
- THE ASCETICAL THEOLOGY AND PRAXIS OF SIXTH TO EIGHTH
- The Ascetical Theology and Praxis of the Sixth to the Eighth Century Irish. Monasticism as a Radical Response to the Evangelium.
- ACADEMIC CURRICULUM VITAE
- “Repentance as the context of sainthood in the ascetical theology of Mark the Monk” in P. Clarke and T. Claydon (eds.
Suggested News Resources
- Calendar of events
- Renowned medieval scholar and author Clair W. McPherson, professor at NYU, Fordham University and Chair of Ascetical Theology at General Theological Seminary in New York City will deliver two lectures Nov.
Suggested Web Resources
- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ASCETICAL THEOLOGY
- THE TERM 'ASCETICAL theology' seems to have disappeared and with it a concern for the disciplined ascesis that must undergird the living of the Christian life.
- M.A. in Ascetical Theology
- General Theological Seminary is a vibrant community dedicated to theological education.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ascetical Theology Topics
Related searchesshania twain early years
mysticism chinese mystics
early modern britain
kit fisto history
george herbert mead