A selection of articles related to ascetical theology.
Original articles from our library related to the Ascetical Theology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ascetical Theology.
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Ascetical Theology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ascetical Theology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lenten Freedom
- Still, Lent remains our great ascetical season, one part Jenny Craig, three parts Stoicism and six parts Gospel.
- Dialogue: Hell & God's Justice, Part II
- The most important theological influence on my thoughts in this regard comes from St. Isaac the Syrian, also known as St.
- Spiritual Reading for Lent and Life
- And it's helpful if the home version has a commentary concentrating less on scholarly disputes and more on the practical, spiritual, or ascetical sense of Scripture. Of course the ...
- Russia's Holy Power Play
- The Russian patriarch, who often has the same objectives as Putin, operates with less attention and in many ways fewer restrictions. Both men employ what can be broadly described as a three-pronged approach: strengthen the homeland, grow Russia's ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ascetical Theology Topics
mauryan empire emperor chandragupta
walter cannon fight or flight
dot product geometric interpretation
homonym further examples
malathi de alwis