- Music befitting the gods
- The ornate deul encompasses the statues of Ashta Dikpalas, which guard the eight cardinal directions of the temple that displays several Shalabhanjikas, Darpani Nayikas, Mardal Vaadakas and dancing figures on its intricately carved walls.
- Model conservation
- The figurines on the vimana, including those of ashta dikpalas, the Garudas in four corners and the sages, were all gold plated.
- Poll Code, Cash-for-Vote Scam Casts a Shadow on Bhoomi Puja Today
- VIJAYAWADA: Though the big day has arrived, gaiety and pomp would be missing when chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu performs Bhoomi Puja for green field capital for Andhra Pradesh at Tallayapalem in Thullur mandal in Guntur district on Saturday.
- Chiselled to perfection
- He is also present in a cave at Badami where he is surrounded by ashta-dikpalas or the eight guardians of the directions. At Jambulinga, he is seated in an octagonal frame.
- Monolithic marvel
- At the entrance to the temple complex, massive sculptures of ashta dikpalas have been sculpted on the screen walls. Explaining their presence, Deglurkar said: “Ashta dikpalas are the guardians of the eight directions.
Ashta Dikpalas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ashta Dikpalas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ashta Dikpalas Topics
Related searcheshinduism and enlightenment
timeline of telescopes
wes ferrell life
royal marines traditions and insignia