- Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Malayalam literature
- Eight Telugu literary luminaries, popularly known as ashtadiggajas adorned his court. Among them, Allasani Peddana, the author of Manucharitram, was the greatest. He was known as Andhra kavitapitamaha.
- Andhra Pradesh completes one year: Past, present and future
- He had in his court the Ashtadiggajas (literally means eight elephants) who were the greatest of poets of the times. Original verse compositions and stories were written with a new zeal. Of those eight, Allasani Peddana (1510-1575AD) is known as Andhra ...
- Not for scholars alone
- One such sahitya roopakam that has gained popularity over last five decades is Bhuvana Vijayam; about the legendary court of mediaeval Emperor Srikrishna Devaraya, where Ashtadiggajas, eight greats scholars in the realm of Telugu letters, stood tall.
- Remembering the Raya
- The 500th coronation celebrations of Vijayanagara emperor Sri Krishnadevaraya was marked by cultural programmes at his third capital of Chandragiri near Tirupati last week. The eight poets in Raya's court are collectively called Ashtadiggajas.
- Rhythms of time
- A significant change that took place from the Sangita Ratnakara period was the move from shifting tonic and fixed svara interval system of music to that of a fixed tonic and variable svara interval system.
Ashtadiggajas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ashtadiggajas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchessprint race 60 m
government of france internal limits of the executive branch checks and balances
lake burley griffin water quality
20th century important developments events and achievements
coptic calendar the date of easter
south pacific musical plot