A selection of articles related to assyrian empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Assyrian Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Assyrian Empire.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- (Assyrian) Tutelary God of the Assyrian people; Lord of the Assyrian pantheon, guide and defender of the Assyrian nation.During the era of Assyrian ascendency, He replaced Marduk as premier divinity....
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Assyrian Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Assyrian Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- NATIONAL AND ETHNIC IDENTITY IN THE NEO-ASSYRIAN EMPIRE
- and Assyrians derive from the Neo-Assyrian word for “Assyrian”,. Assūrāyu/ Sūrāyu. Introduction.
- National and Ethnic Identity in the Neo-Assyrian Empire and
- and Assyrian Identity in Post-Empire Times§.
- ON THE ROLE OF ARAMAIC IN THE ASSYRIAN EMPIRE.docx
- Assyrian Empire: the symbiosis of Aramaic and Akkadian.
- THE GROWTH OF THE ASSYRIAN EMPIRE IN THE HABUR
- outer provinces.
Suggested News Resources
- Biblical city of Nineveh under threat in Iraq
- by Sean McLachlan (RSS feed) on Aug 23rd 2011 at 1:00PM Three thousand years ago, the city of Nineveh in Iraq had a population of 100000 and was the capital of the Neo-Assyrian Empire.
- Indie Film: NYC honorees supplement stellar Maine shorts lineup
- By their nature, shorts are best suited to small, character-driven pieces (few shorts attempt to encapsulate, say, the entire military history of the Assyrian empire), but the form allows filmmakers the freedom to play around.
- Kurdistan offers ancient mystique
- We head northwest across the rolling plains of biblical Ninevah, where the pre-Christian Assyrian empire was based. Striking out across a field, we encounter the half-buried remains of an Assyrian aqueduct at the site of Jerwan.
- More stolen antiquities found in Iraq's Mosul
- The museum in Mosul is specialized in antiquities from the Assyrian empire, which flourished within the provincial borders of present-day Province of Nineveh, of which Mosul is the capital.
- Arab Nationalism and the Non-Arabs of the Middle East
- Yet people often refer to Iraq being an Arab nation, however, the Assyrians are the indigenous people and the rich civilization of this nation belongs to the ancient Assyrian Empire.
Suggested Web Resources
- Neo-Assyrian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Neo-Assyrian Empire was a period of Mesopotamian history which began in 934 BC and ended in 608 BC.
- Early history of Assyria
- The Assyrian Empire. see the map of the Assyrian Empire. Early history of Assyria .
- The Assyrian Empire
- Expansion of the Assyrian Empire.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.