- as·then·o·sphere ( s-th n -sfîr ). n. A zone of the earth's mantle that lies beneath the lithosphere and consists of several hundred kilometers of deformable rock.
- Crust and Mantle vs. Lithosphere and Asthenosphere
- asthenosphere, and mesosphere (we usually don't discuss this last layer) represent changes in the mechanical properties of the Earth.
- d6 Lithosphere, asthenosphere, mesosphere < plastic zone >
- The terms lithosphere and asthenosphere stem from Joseph Barell's 1914-15 This zone of weakness is called the asthenosphere (Gk. asthenes, weak).
- LITHQSPHERE, ASTHENOSPHERE, AND PERISPHERE
- LITHQSPHERE, ASTHENOSPHERE, AND PERISPHERE. Don L. Anderson.
- What makes the lithosphere strong and the asthenosphere weak?
- What is the depth of the lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary beneath continents ? How sharp is the lithosphere-asthenosphere velocity gradient?
- Earthquake: So, Whose Fault Is It?
- Beneath the lithosphere is the asthenosphere, a relatively low-viscosity layer on which the lithosphere rides.
- Asthenosphere: World of Earth Science
- The asthenosphere is the layer of Earth that lies at a depth 60–150 mi (100–250 km) beneath Earth's surface. It was first named in 1914 by the British geologist J.
- Earthquake Glossary - asthenosphere
- Nov 3, 2009 The asthenosphere is the ductile part of the earth just below the lithosphere, including the lower The asthenosphere is about 180 km thick.
- Earth's Crust, Lithosphere and Asthenosphere
- May 21, 2008 These puzzle pieces move a little bit each year as they slide on top of a somewhat fluid part of the mantle called the asthenosphere.
Asthenosphere is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Asthenosphere books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesindian festivals
cultural hegemony criticism
dragonfly bsd ssi clustering