- The Gutenberg Discontinuity: Melt at the Lithosphere-Asthenosphere Boundary
- The lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary (LAB) beneath ocean basins separates the upper thermal boundary layer of rigid, conductively cooling plates from the underlying ductile, convecting mantle.
- A Global View of the Lithosphere-Asthenosphere Boundary
- The lithosphere-asthenosphere boundary divides the rigid lid from the weaker mantle and is fundamental in plate tectonics. However, its depth and defining mechanism are not well known. We analyzed 15 years of global seismic data using P-to-S (Ps) ...
- Water Solubility in Aluminous Orthopyroxene and the Origin of Earth's
- Plate tectonics is based on the concept of rigid lithosphere plates sliding on a mechanically weak asthenosphere. Many models assume that the weakness of the asthenosphere is related to the presence of small amounts of hydrous melts. However, the ...
- Layers Of The Earth: What Lies Beneath Earth's Crust
- If we subdivide the Earth based on rheology, we see the lithosphere, asthenosphere, mesosphere, outer core, and inner core.
Asthenosphere is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Asthenosphere books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchessocionomics socionomist
egg white denaturation
club of rome criticism
siamese fighting fish behaviour
the footy show brisbane footy show