A selection of articles related to astronomy.
Original articles from our library related to the Astronomy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Astronomy.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
Astronomy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Astronomy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Astronomy. Merit Badge Workbook. This workbook can help you but you still need to read the merit badge pamphlet (book).
- The interlinking of Five College resources allows for a richer environment for doing astronomy research than would be possible if each operated independently.
- Radio Astronomy
- Compiled by the staff of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO). The NRAO is operated TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS FROM RADIO ASTRONOMY.
- Astronomy, offered as a minor in the Department of Physics and.
Suggested News Resources
- Astronomers discover the “supernova of a generation”
- Astronomers think they found the supernova within hours of it exploding, and discovering the supernova so early and so close to Earth has had the astronomical community abuzz with excitement. So what exactly is a supernova?
- Astronomers Still Look to Hubble Space Telescope
- 28 August 2011 Astronomers Still Look to Hubble Space Telescope TO DOWNLOAD the MP3 of this story, click on the MP3 link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Giant Black Hole Gulping a Star Sent X-rays on Earth (Photos and Video)
- "Incredibly, this source is still producing X-rays and may remain bright enough for Swift to observe into next year," said David Burrows, professor of astronomy at Penn State University and lead scientist for the mission's X-Ray Telescope instrument.
- On Astronomy: Saturn exits, Jupiter enters September skies
- By Michael Hotka For the Enterprise As September begins, Saturn glimmers low in the western sky as evening twilight darkens.
- Buzz Out Loud 1540: Astronomy is a girl's best friend (Podcast)
- On today's show, we discover the universe's biggest diamond floating out there in space.
Suggested Web Resources
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
- 2 days ago A different astronomy and space science related image is featured each day, along with a brief explanation.
- Astronomy For Kids - KidsAstronomy.com
- Powerful and fun resource for kids, exploring astronomy and other space related topics. Play games, learn through interactive applications, and much more.
- All About Astronomy - Enchanted Learning Software
- All About Astronomy; learn about the stars, galaxies, our Sun, the planets, moon, asteroids, comets, meteoroids, the Kuiper belt, Oort cloud, and the Milky Way.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesirish whip wrestling
goldbachs conjecture attempted proofs
horse breeding surrogate dams