- Let the Asuras be!
- Perplexed, I rushed to Grandpa and asked him why the asura, the proverbial “bad man”, was given a similar farewell as the gods. Grandpa said that after being defeated at the hands of the goddess, Mahishasura had begged forgiveness for his actions.
- Good deva-bad asura divide misleading
- If you read the Vedas, which are nearly 4000 years old, the word 'asura' does not mean demon, or villain, but quite the opposite, a divine being. It's a title given to Indra, Agni, Rudra, Varuna, and to most Vedic deities.
- Durga row: Sadly, no one questioned Smriti Irani who the Asuras are
- Sadly, not one in Parliament went into the question as to who the Asuras are, why they are so horribly poor, etc. The Asuras are a tribe in what is now the state of Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- 2 Asura minors trafficked and sold in Delhi
- In a written complaint on Monday, their father Stephen Asura alleged before the child welfare committee (CWC) in Gumla that his daughter Suchita Asura (17) was trafficked in 2011 and his son Martin Asura(13) was trafficked in 2013 to Delhi by a woman.
- Why the recent narratives on Shudras and Asuras are totally meant to misguide
- Another narrative that makes the rounds is that the demons, the asuras, were actually tribal people in India, people of the lower caste who looked dark, a bit shorter, with curly hair. They are the ones who are depicted as demons, rakshasas and asuras.
Asura is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Asura books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdream dictionary herring
stop sign history
teleological argument history