A selection of articles related to aswang superstitions.
Original articles from our library related to the Aswang Superstitions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aswang Superstitions.
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 4: More Rope Techniques
- ROPE is a very effective projection technique, but it still has to be learned to be effective. I would like to elaborate on a couple of points about the technique, inspired by the feedback I have received so far. There is NO visualization required - AT ALL -...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- Sneezing: A Symptom or A Symbol?
- "One sneeze, a wish Two sneezes, a kiss Three sneezes, a disappointment Four sneezes, a letter" As my household has spent the past two weeks fighting the fall version of the pit plague crud, in between the God Bless You's and doses of cough medicine,...
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Aswang Superstitions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aswang Superstitions books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Quarter 3 : Earth, Its Neighbors and Their Explorations Topic: Sun
- “aswang, tikbalang, tiyanak, manananggal”, etc; or its appearance -eg. white lady , during full moon);. 30.
- in this issue
- Myths, legends, and superstitions.
- More than a hundred years since accounts of early obstetrics pr
- attributed to malignant spirits or "Aswang", which is believed to enter the woman's .
- Of Monsters and Mothers
- family history and Filipino folktales and superstitions to adolescent angst .
- Towards a Classification of Bisayan Folk Beliefs and Customs
- Aswangs and Witches. Witches can't The aswang is said to be a carnivorous fellow who loves to eat young babies. ..
Suggested Web Resources
- Aswang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Superstitions. Before modern medicine and science, aswangs served to explain miscarriages and other maladies.
- Dumangas, Iloilo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Dumangas is alleged to have aswangs.
- Aswang Superstitions | RM.com ®
- Aswang Superstitions articles, reference materials. Need more on Aswang Superstitions?
- Superstitious beliefs of Filipinos - by Gary Mcmurrain - Helium
- Jun 19, 2011 Superstitions vary from the different regions but some are common in all three regions. The belief in the aswang in Philippines is very strong.
- Aswang - WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
- Fear of the aswang leads many to seek means of warding them off.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.