A selection of articles related to athenian empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Athenian Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Athenian Empire.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Athenian Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Athenian Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The story of cities, part 1: how Alexandria laid foundations for the modern world
- Dinocrates was a student of Hippodamus, the man responsible for building the great Athenian harbour at Piraeus and often referred to as the father of urban planning. According to ...
- The Present American Regime: Tyranny, Oligarchy, or Democracy?
- The Founders mostly understood that what was explained in the classic mind was not just a description of what went on in some long-gone little city-states or in a huge empire, such as the one ruled by Rome.
- Battling the Gods: Atheism in the Ancient World review – disbelief has been
- As the Roman empire became increasingly difficult to govern, there was a strong motive for those in power to find an ideological force that could hold the people under imperial control. Christianity proved particularly useful for this purpose. ...
- The Death of Socrates and Capital Punishment Today By Professor Robert Zaller
- His birth came a decade after an Athenian-led coalition of Greek city states had repulsed an invasion by the mightiest empire of its time, that of Persia.
- 'Sicily - Culture and Conquest' at the British Museum: How a little kingdom
- In 415-413BC , Athens, which resented the prestige of Syracuse, launched a doomed campaign against the city, and it ended in tears – Athenian tears. “This was their last-ditch bid for an empire,” explains Higgs.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Athenian Empire Topics
Related searcheslist of advertising slogans finance
congo river economic importance
christo and jeanne-claude documenta 4
narcissus and goldmund themes