A selection of articles related to athenian monarchy.
Original articles from our library related to the Athenian Monarchy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Athenian Monarchy.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Jezebel was a Phoenician princess and the daughter of Ethbaal, the king of Baal-worshipping Sidonians. Jezebel literally means
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
Athenian Monarchy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Athenian Monarchy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Student Handout M
- Student Handout M. Four Forms of Government in Ancient Greece. Monarchy .
- The Rise of Democratic Ideas
- Athens. At first, Athens had a king. Then, it became an aristocracy, a state ruled the Athenian population.
- Aeschylus, Prometheus Bound Prometheus Bound and Greek tragedy
- Athenian democracy and belonged to a political faction that was anti-Spartan .
Suggested Web Resources
- Forms of Government in Ancient Greek City States: Democracy
- Dec 17, 2008 Athenian democracy, unlike today, was direct democracy. Some city-states favored monarchy.
- The Last King of Athens - The Baldwin Project
- At first Athens, like Sparta and the other States, was governed by kings.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.