A selection of articles related to athens.
Original articles from our library related to the Athens. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Athens.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3...
New Testament >> The Acts
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 18
- Chapter 18 18:1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; 18:2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:)...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: I Thessalonians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left at Athens alone; 3:2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning...
New Testament >> I Thessalonians
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Athens is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Athens books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Port Guide - Athens
- city, Athens still holds the ancient. Acropolis and all of its history protections, Athens was far from isolated.
- N°20 - €2 inyourpocket.com. Strikes &.
- Athens County Profile - Ohio Department of Development
- Ohio County Profiles. Prepared by the Office of Policy, Research and Strategic Planning. Athens County.
- Postgraduate Programme in Southeast European Studies ATHENS
- NATIONAL & KAPODISTRIAN UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS. SCHOOL OF the Faculty of Political Science and Public Administration of the University of Athens.
Suggested News Resources
- Athens Academy 30, Southwest Atlanta Christian 0
- By Keith Farner If the Athens Academy special teams units keep playing like this, no one will worry about the Spartans' small senior class.
- Moye leads Garner past Athens Drive
- The run set the tone for Garner's run-heavy and productive offense in a 29-7 victory over the Athens Drive Jaguars Friday night. "When the lights come on and your teammates get you a hole like that, it's what you dream about," Moye said.
- DA to pursue death penalty
- By Joe Johnson - email@example.com Clarke County District Attorney Ken Mauldin on Friday filed notice he plans to seek the death penalty in three murder cases, one involving the shooting death of an Athens-Clarke police officer.
- Greece Sets Conditions on Debt Rollover
- By AP ATHENS — Greece said Friday it might only go ahead with a bond swap plan that is a critical part of its second bailout if at least 90 percent of private creditors who hold government bonds participate.
- Greece 'to export solar power to Germany'
- ATHENS — Wracked by debt but blessed with abundant sunshine, Greece plans to develop some 20000 hectares of solar power parks in a bid to export renewable energy to Germany, a report said on Saturday.
Suggested Web Resources
- Athens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Athens is the capital and largest city of Greece.
- Athens State University :: Building Success Stories
- A state educational institution originally founded in 1822 which offers studies in arts and sciences, business, and education. Athens, Alabama.
- Athens travel guide - Wikitravel
- Open source travel guide to Athens, featuring up-to-date information on attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, travel tips and more.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
- I Thessalonians
- Christian BibleSecond Epistle to the ThessaloniansAuthorship of the Pauline epistles
Related searcheshawk littlejohn
list of indian dishes
fire nation national emblem
martial music themes