A selection of articles related to athens.
Original articles from our library related to the Athens. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Athens.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 17
- Chapter 17 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 18
- Chapter 18 18:1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; 18:2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:)...
New Testament >> The Acts
- King James Bible: I Thessalonians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left at Athens alone; 3:2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning...
New Testament >> I Thessalonians
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- An early agrarian Deity from the Aegean and Cyprus whose story has become inextricably mixed with that of the hero Theseus. In that tale, she is a mortal carried off by Theseus after he defeats the Minotaur, but inadvertantly abandoned to die before he...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Athens is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Athens books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- W a l k i n g T o u r - Athens Welcome Center
- W a l k i n g T o u r of Athens Music History. Photo: Van Burns. Athens Welcome Center / Classic City Tours.
- The Bus - Athens Transit
- Athens Plaza Shopping Center. Old Hull Road. Athens Tech.
- The Bus - Athens Transit
- South Athens. River Club. Apartments.
- Zoning Map - Athens-Clarke County, GA
- Athens Rd. W hitehall R d. O ld H ull R d.
Suggested News Resources
- Athens Police arrest suspect in deadly shooting on Hine Street, victim identified
- ATHENS, Ala. – Police have now arrested the suspect in a deadly shooting that happened earlier Monday. Decatur Police Chief Nadis Carlisle said the suspected shooter, who is now identified ad Frank Harper Franklin, turned himself in to Decatur Police ...
- Athens area events on Tuesday, March 15
- Small Business Breakfast Club: 8 to 9:30 a.m. Athens Area Chamber of Commerce, 246 W.
- Athens restaurants offer discounts for Pi Day
- The unofficial holiday is celebrated because the date corresponds with pi, a mathematical constant. Pi has been calculated to more than 1 trillion digits after the decimal point in the number 3.14.
- Athens Asks: How stealing an Athens brick became an Ohio University tradition
- Here, we answer a question that came to us through Athens Asks, our forum where you ask the questions and The Post finds the answers: "How did the tradition of stealing Athens bricks begin?
Suggested Web Resources
- Athens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Athens (/ˈæθᵻnz/; Modern Greek: Αθήνα, Athína [aˈθina] ( listen), Ancient Greek: Ἀθῆναι Athēnai), is the capital and largest city of Greece. Athens dominates ...
- Greece-Athens.com - The Guide To Athens city, Greece
- The essential guide to the capital city of Athens, Greece. Our site offers a virtual tour in athens city & tourist information such as accommodation, restaraunts, ...
- Visit Greece | Athens
- Athens is the historical capital of Europe, with a long history, dating from the first settlement in the Neolithic age. In the 5th Century BC (the “Golden Age of ...
- Visit Athens, Greece - Athens Tourism & Travel Guide - TripAdvisor
- Athens Tourism: TripAdvisor has 292496 reviews of Athens Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Athens resource.
- Athens - Lonely Planet
- Ancient and modern, with equal measures of grunge and grace, bustling Athens is a heady mix of history and edginess. Iconic monuments mingle with...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
- I Thessalonians
- Christian BibleSecond Epistle to the ThessaloniansAuthorship of the Pauline epistles
Related searchesperennial philosophy
meaning of dreams about cooking
ashford kent history
brian mulroney background
philippine independent church