A selection of articles related to attention.
Original articles from our library related to the Attention. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Attention.
- Hypnosis, volition, and mind control.
- 5.1. Is the hypnotist in control of me? The exact nature of what we experience as 'will' or volition is anage-old philosophical problem that has yet to be resolved by brain scientistsor psychologists. Some aspects of hypnotic responding point out weaknesses...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Should we drop the ego?
- One of the most confusing subjects within many spiritual teachings is that of the ego, what is it and how should we deal with it. Within these teachings the ego is often regarded as a separate and negative entity, being the cause of all our suffering and...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 2: Training
- To trigger the projection of the Astral body, while fully conscious, there are four major requirements: Relaxing your body 100% while staying awake. Concentrating 100% on what you are doing. Having enough energy available. Pressuring the astral body to...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Description of the Bach Remedies
- Bach Flower Remedies 1. AGRIMONY (Agrimonia eupatoria) - problems hidden behind light-heartedness - This is the "Keep-smiling!" - remedy: it is for people who hide their fears, grief and worries under a mask of cheerfulness, friendliness and humor....
Homeopathy >> Bach Flower Remedies
- Serveral Simple But Useful Meditations
- MEDITATIONS Before you start any kind of meditation, here are a few tips: Pick a place where you will not be disturbed. If you want, you may put on some relaxing music or nature sounds to keep you from possible distractions. Get into an upright position...
Mind >> Meditation
Attention is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Attention books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Attention and Effort - Princeton University
- Attention and Effort. DANIEL KAHNEMAN. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Recurrent Models of Visual Attention - NIPS Proceedings
- Recurrent Models of Visual Attention. Volodymyr Mnih. Nicolas Heess Alex Graves Koray Kavukcuoglu.
- Why visual attention and awareness are different - Cell
- Why visual attention and awareness are different. Victor A.F.
- Schmidt, Attention - National Foreign Language Resource Center
- "Attention." In P. Robinson (Ed.
- attention and mental paint1 - New York University
- The claim of this paper is that empirical facts about attention point in the direction ... of the focus of attention because they manifest themselves in experience as.
Suggested News Resources
- Will free agents pay attention to rise of Lakers' young guns?
- The Lakers wonder if Kevin Durant has been watching. They hope Hassan Whiteside has taken notice. DeMar DeRozan too.
- Cassandra Grant posed as terminally-ill cancer patient because she craved
- Shocking photographs taken inside a hospital show a crazed fantasist hooked-up to life-saving machines as she lied about having cancer because she craved attention. Cassandra Grant posed as terminally ill friend Clare Arrowsmith to receive care at home ...
- Fans need to pay attention at ballparks
- Fans sitting close to the field — especially at places like PNC Field, where they're as close to the action as they are at any stadium in the country — need to keep their undivided attention on the field.
- Athletic Dept. Expects Increased Attention for Pro Day
- While Braunecker won't participate in all the drills at Pro Day, according to Assistant Director of Athletic Communications Allison L. Miller, he will help attract attention to some of the lesser known players coming out.
- 'Underground' is a suspenseful drama that demands your attention
- Violence, drama, romance and history blend together in the thrilling new series Underground from WGN America, which premieres Wednesday night. The heart-wrenching show, created by Misha Green and Joe Pokaski and co-executive produced by John ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Attention | Definition of Attention by Merriam-Webster
- the act or power of carefully thinking about, listening to, or watching someone or something. : notice, interest, or awareness. : special care or treatment.
- Attention | Define Attention at Dictionary.com
- Attention definition, the act or faculty of attending, especially by directing the mind to an object. See more.
- Attention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Attention is the behavioral and cognitive process of selectively concentrating on a discrete aspect of information, whether deemed subjective or objective, while ...
- Attention Synonyms, Attention Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
- Synonyms for attention at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Dictionary and Word of the Day.
- Attention - definition of attention by The Free Dictionary
- a. The act of close or careful observing or listening: You'll learn more if you pay attention in class. b.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.