A selection of articles related to auckland islands.
Original articles from our library related to the Auckland Islands. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Auckland Islands.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Auckland Islands is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Auckland Islands books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Southern right whales wintering in the Auckland Islands
- Keywords: southern right whale, Eubalaena australis, Auckland Islands, . Island since the 1940s and at the Auckland Islands for the last two decades.
- ECOLOGICAL STUDIES OF THE AUCKLAND ISLANDS
- TI•E Auckland Islands Flightless Teal (Anas a.
- Auckland Island Coleoptera
- Auckland Islands has been without an entomologist suﬁiciently inter- ested and qualiﬁed expedition to Auckland Island tor observation of the transit of Venus.
- DIET OF FERAL GOATS AND FERAL PIGS ON AUCKLAND
- Summary: The diets of feral pigs and feral goats shot on the main Auckland Island in 1989 are described from analyses of stomach and rumen contents.
Suggested News Resources
- Zoo staff prepare for Happy Feet's farewell
- He will travel in a purpose built crate onboard the vessel, before being released east of the Auckland Islands. A special satellite transmitter will track his journey, and it is likely to stay on him until around April next year when he moults.
- No sightings of entangled southern right whale
- By Rebecca Fox on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 Researchers undertake photo identification of a southern right whale in Port Ross in the Auckland Islands. Photo by Trudi Webster.
- Sealions, squid fishery at odds
- By Rebecca Fox on Sat, 13 Aug 2011 Competition between New Zealand sea lions and the squid fishery has been found to be the most likely cause of a decline in the threatened sea mammal in the Auckland Islands.
- Squid fishing killing sea lions
- University of Otago research examining why numbers of the threatened New Zealand sea lion, Phocarctos hookeri, are declining on their main breeding ground of the Auckland Islands has identified squid fishing as the most likely cause.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Auckland Islands - murihiku.com
- The Auckland islands were a site of the sealing and whaling trade during the 19th Century, with sealers often returning with 2000 or more skins.
- auckland Islands map and information page
- Official Name Auckland Islands (a territory of New Zealand) arrow Population Uninhabited arrow Capital City N.A.
- Auckland Islands | Heritage Expeditions
- Geographic, historical, flora and fauna information on the Auckland Islands in the Southern Ocean.
- Auckland Island Pigs Rescue Project
- Auckland Island Feral Pigs Rescue Project, description and photos. Rare Breeds livestock of New Zealand.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Auckland Islands Topics
Related searchesmusic midtown history
rockers cafe racers
aramid aramid fiber characteristics
essence of the soul
bosniaks traditions and customs