- Auctoritas is a Latin word and is the origin of English "authority". ... In this context, Auctoritas could be defined as the juridical power to authorize some other act.
- Auctoritas rerum decemviralis∗
- Auctoritas rerum decemviralis∗. Dr. F.
- Auctoritas and Potestas: A Reevaluation of the Correspondence of
- sacred authority [auctoritas] of the priesthood and the royal power [potes- tas]. ... The meanings of the two key words—auctoritas and potestas—appear.
- Testing Auctoritas: The travels of Paolo Marsi, 1468–69 - Springer
- However, they also reveal the renegotiation with auctoritas which takes place through firsthand encounters with the physical world. Paolo Marsi merits the ...
- AUGUSTUS AND AUCTORITAS - eScholarship
- Augustus and Auctoritas. Lea Cantor. University of Cambridge.
- The Anxiety of Auctoritas: Chaucer and The Two Noble Kinsmen
- The Anxiety of Auctoritas: Chaucer and The Two Noble Kinsmen. Misha Teramura. In 1598, the London book market saw the publication of the Renais-.
- Flavia Perina, Nichi Vendola e l'auctoritas di José Bové sull'utero in affitto
- Flavia Perina, Nichi Vendola e l'auctoritas di José Bové sull'utero in affitto.
- Senior Moment: So much for honor
- As the man in charge of what became known as the “Crusade in Europe,” Ike undeniably had the auctoritas and gravitas to carry the burdens of presidency of the United States. But something rather frightening happened to the concept of personal honor and ...
- Cynicy i postmoderniści. Felieton Bartosza Kuźniarza
- Część architektów dobrej zmiany mówi zupełnie otwarcie, że podstawowa zaleta ich rządów polega na publicznym robieniu tego, co wcześniej odbywało się skrycie. "Oni przez osiem lat zwoływali tajne narady w modnych restauracjach. My zrobimy to samo, ...
- La Rai che vorrei. Flavia Barca: 'Visione, mission e piano per il nuovo servizio pubblico'
- Insomma la Rai non perde “auctoritas” ma trattiene il rischio “autoritario” mettendo in discussione i propri valori fondanti e così diviene parte di una rete di scambio e produzione di idee.
- Auctoritas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Auctoritas is a Latin word and is the origin of English "authority". While historically its use in English was restricted to discussions of the political history of Rome, ...
- Auctoritas - NovaRoma
- Sep 27, 2008 An essential concept of Roman political life and not the same as English " authority", auctoritas referred to the general level of prestige a person ...
- auctoritas - Wiktionary
- auctōritās f (genitive auctōritātis); third declension · support, backing · warrant · sanction, political sanction · power conferred, decree, order, rights, command ...
- Authority in the Latin Middle Ages. A Cultural Pattern - Auctoritas | Dr
- When we use the word “authority”, in most of the cases, political power is what we refer to. For an educated medieval, the meaning of auctoritas was not ...
- The Mobs of Ancient Rome | Latin Language Blog
- Feb 21, 2011 Auctoritas can be translated as “authority” in English. If a person had auctoritas, it meant that the person had a certain level of influence or ...
Auctoritas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Auctoritas books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesholy ghost
neopaganism syncretist and eclectic
elbert frank cox early life