August Spies Chicago
A selection of articles related to august spies chicago.
Original articles from our library related to the August Spies Chicago. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on August Spies Chicago.
- The falcon, soaring with outstretched wings was already in Predynastic times seen as the sky-god, his eyes were called the sun and the moon. The sky, the sun and the falcon were at this time equaled with the king and out of this came the symbol of the winged...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 42
- Chapter 42 42:1 Now when Jacob saw that there was corn in Egypt, Jacob said unto his sons, Why do ye look one upon another? 42:2 And he said, Behold, I have heard that there is corn in Egypt: get you down thither, and buy for us from thence; that we may live,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Subliminal Persuasion: References
- (1957). " Persuaders' Get Deeply 'Hidden' Tool: Subliminal Projection " Advertising Age , Vol 37, page 127, September 16, 1957. Benes, Kathryn M.., Gutkin, Terry B., Decker, T. Newell, (1990) "The effects of mellow and frenetic music on...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
August Spies Chicago is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, August Spies Chicago books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Observe May Day – International Day of the working class
- Apr 28, 2011 Rallies and meetings will be held and the Chicago Martyrs, August Spies, George.
- The Haxmatket Sfowaxld J;LLdQeJQ0se0uh.El,0£3.a£u
- pamphletering and advertising in numerous newspapers printed in several languages throughout the country. In Chicago,. August Spies edited the Arbeiter —.
- Labor's Martyrs - Michigan State University
- In many industries the workers decided to stay out on strilie after May 1. One of these was the McCormick Reaper Plant in. Chicago.
- Bringing the Body Back to Life through Radical Geography of
- In several locations throughout the city of Chicago every week, people collectively . the Haymarket anarchists, August Spies and Albert Parsons.
Suggested Web Resources
- August Spies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- August Vincent Theodore Spies (December 10, 1855 – November 11, 1887) was an anarchist labor He settled in Chicago, where he became an upholsterer.
- The Haymarket Bomb in Historical Context: The Events of 1866
- “The Trial of the Chicago Anarchists: August Spies, Michael Schwab, Samuel Fielden, Albert R.
- The Chicago Crime Scenes Project: August Spies' Home
- Aug 4, 2009 Chicago also became the center for anarchist activity in the United States, led largely by August Spies.
- Haymarket Incidents: John Brown, Jr. Writes to August Spies
- Apr 26, 2011 Chicago Labor & Arts Festival Blog a fitting communication, this time from his son to August Spies, awaiting the hangman's noose in Chicago.
- August Spies : Biography
- August Spies was born in Landeck, Germany in 1855. Spies emigrated to the United States in 1872 and settled in Chicago where he became a upholsterer.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.