- Triumphant return? 'Alala to be released into the wild later this year
- “They eat a lot of fruit; they are seed dispersers for a lot of native trees,” he said, adding they also are 'aumakua for some Big Island families.
- To the Rescue
- “I'm a cultural practitioner and the ilio is my family's aumakua. This is just not pono (right),” says Nawahine-Kahoopii.
- Mako Aumakua swimsuit review
- Mako boast that you 'don't have to have a perfect body to look great in an Aumakua', their swimsuit range that takes its name from a Hawaiian god. And the suits reflect that with a sleek, streamlined design.
- Aumakua, Familiars, and Spirit Animals . . . Oh My!
- Aumakua (ow-ma-koo-ah) are very simply the spirits of deceased ancestors. They can be called on for protection, guidance, and spiritual support. The very first 'aumakua were the children of humans who had mated with the Akua, or primary gods, the main ...
- The cultural significance of sharks in Hawaii
- Culturally, sharks have also been held in high reverence by generations of Hawaiians as aumakua (family guardians)—ancestors reincarnated as animals and sent to protect family members. But not all sharks are considered aumakua. For Berry and most ...
Aumakua is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aumakua books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchescaraga natural resources
questions and answers presenters
dependence analysis antidependence