A selection of articles related to aurora borealis.
Original articles from our library related to the Aurora Borealis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aurora Borealis.
- Goddess of the dawn, and Divine Herald of the day, and by extension, new beginnings of any sort. Similar in many respects to the Hellenic Eos....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Silverwheel. Welsh. The mother of Llew, the tale of how she needed to be guiled into granting him a name and arms is a mainstay of the Mabinogion. She is associated with Night, with the star Polaris, and her hall is said to be the aurora borealis. As her name...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Aurora Borealis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aurora Borealis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Time-lapse of Aurora Borealis over Cleish
- The Aurora Borealis created a rainbow of colour in the night sky over Scotland on 6 March. Two cameras took over 400 photographs, from around 21:30 on Sunday night through to Monday morning, to capture the light display shown in this time-lapse footage.
- Northern lights brighten up New England skies
- An intense geomagnetic storm Sunday brought sightings of the aurora borealis — or northern lights — over parts of New England and around the Northeast on Sunday night. From Maine to Massachusetts, observers of the night sky saw the luminous glow ...
- Northern Lights Illuminate European Sky
- A NASA satellite caught a glimpse of the spectacular aurora borealis phenomenon from above on March 7, as stargazers across northern Europe viewed the brilliant shades of green and pink from their backyards. Using a low-light sensor on the Visible ...
- GALLERY: Your pictures of stunning Aurora Borealis over Tayside
- Stargazers across Tayside and Scotland were treated to a dazzling display of the Northern Lights on Sunday evening. The aurora borealis was visible as far south as Oxfordshire as skies cleared, painting the night sky with shades of green, purple and blue.
- The Northern Lights Screw Up Arctic Drilling Operations
- The Aurora Borealis are a beautiful sight—but, it turns out, they can be a real pain in the ass too. A new report explains that they can and do mess up drilling operations, especially in areas around the Arctic where they're most common.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Aurora Borealis Topics
sidney w fox professor
handsome jimmy valiant james valen
voltron comic books