- Aus·tro·ne·sian (ô str -n zh n, -sh n). adj. Of or relating to Austronesia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- Comparative Austronesian Studies
- Current Developments in Comparative Austronesian Studies. James J.
- Description of an Austronesian language of Papua
- Biak. Description of an Austronesian language of Papua Description of an Austronesian language of Papua.
- 1 Austronesian cultural origins
- The distribution of Austronesian languages, together with archaeological dates for the spread of Neolithic cultures.
- ERGATIVITY IN AUSTRONESIAN LANGUAGES
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO AND MCGILL UNIVERSITY. Within the Austronesian family, many languages are classified as ergative (e.g.
- A land of diversity
- The remainder comprises immigrants from the four corners of the globe and indigenous Austronesian peoples. As of the end of 2009, the government recognized 14 aboriginal groups accounting for around 2 percent of the population.
- Mongolian ethnic minority
- Language: The Mongolians have their own spoken and written language, which belongs to the Mongolian Austronesian of the Altaic Phylum. The Mongolians have three dialects: Inner Mongolian, Barag-Buryat and Uirad.
- China heightens ocean awareness
- There are few records about their migration, but it is internationally recognized that the ancestors of nearly 300 million people who speak Austronesian languages are traceable to China's Fujian.
- Chamorros date back 4000 years
- Chamorro is classified under Austronesian languages, but there are words uniquely ours -- like taotao (people), tano (land), hanom (water), puntan (cliff points) and so forth.
- Judge acquits UAE captain, saying housekeeper's testimony 'didn't have the
- Lisi threw out Ballesteros' testimony from the first day of the trial due to questions about the integrity of the interpreter's translation of the dialect of Tagalog, an Austronesian language spoken in the Philippines.
- Austronesian Basic Vocabulary Database: Main
- Gives basic words in many Austronesian languages.
- Austronesian Vocabulary
- A comparison of 24 words in 6 Austronesian languages.
Austronesian is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Austronesian books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.