A selection of articles related to autumn equinox.
Original articles from our library related to the Autumn Equinox. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Autumn Equinox.
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
Autumn Equinox is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Autumn Equinox books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- When does Spring start in 2016? Spring equinox in the UK explained
- Spring and Autumn equinoxes (equal day and night) and the Summer (longest day) and Winter (longest night) solstices mark the start of the astronomical seasons each year. The word 'equinox' itselfactually mean 'equal' (equi) and 'night' (nox).
- Autumn's equinox happens early Wednesday
- The autumnal equinox arrives precisely at 4:21 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept.
- What time does Daylight Saving Time start?
- We lose an hour of sleep, balancing out that extra hour gained in the autumn. Arizona, Hawaii and the USA territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam and American Samoa won't touch ...
- Time to think about the garden
- Since AD325, the date for Easter has been dictated by the equinox. In the northern hemisphere, it marks the start of spring, but in our case, as the southern hemisphere begins to tilt further from the sun, it signals the beginning of autumn.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Autumn Equinox Topics
Related searchescbla-fm local programming
hunting shikar india
dream dictionary colour
street name street type designations
buchwald v paramount decision
geoffroy de gonneville