A selection of articles related to autumn equinox.
Original articles from our library related to the Autumn Equinox. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Autumn Equinox.
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Autumn Equinox is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Autumn Equinox books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MABON or AUTUMN EQUINOX
- MABON or AUTUMN EQUINOX by Merlyn. An earlier version of this article appeared in Lady Letter, volume 1. no.
- Autumn Equinox Celebration
- Petting Zoo for the kids .the ending of summer. Celebrate Fall with us.
- Autumnal Equinox
- Autumnal Equinox. • Sunday September 23: first day of autumn. • Equinox: equal; the length of daylight and night are approximately the same.
- Aontacht Volume 3 Issue 4 Spring - Autumn Equinox 2011
- May 15, 2011 Aontacht. Volume 3 Issue 4| Spring/Autumn Equinox 2011 creating unity in community. Brought to you by Druidic Dawn (www.
Suggested News Resources
- Fall equinox Sept. 23
- By Bob Killam Enid News and Eagle Fall, or autumn, equinox begins at 4:06 pm Sept. 23, when the sun, appearing to travel along the ecliptic, reaches the point where it crosses the equator into the southern celestial hemisphere.
- At Large : Cosmic wobbling and the end of one of those summers
- By Doug Cabral A president, Illumination, The Fair, fireworks, a hurricane, Labor Day, back to school, autumn equinox. That's the familiar late summer rhythm of Martha's Vineyard. We know it, we expect it, we don't complain.
- Restaurant news from Mohegan Sun, Whistling Swan, Bistro Les Gras
- "A Timely Murder" is themed around the upcoming autumn equinox, and prizes will be given to those who help solve the "crime." The following week, on September 16, the Munich Haus will be hosting a Comedy Show featuring four "stand-up" professionals.
- Faith Briefs
- 17 at Clapp Park, 46th Street. and Avenue W. The event includes dancing, rituals and other activities celebrating the Autumn Equinox, a time of thanksgiving in many Pagan traditions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fall Equinox — Infoplease.com
- At the autumnal equinox (Sept. 23, 2011, 5:05 A.M.
- Diversity Calendar: Autumnal Equinox
- Autumnal Equinox.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.