A selection of articles related to autumnal equinox.
Original articles from our library related to the Autumnal Equinox. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Autumnal Equinox.
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Autumnal Equinox is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Autumnal Equinox books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MABON or AUTUMN EQUINOX
- MABON or AUTUMN EQUINOX by Merlyn. An earlier version of this article appeared in Lady Letter, volume 1. no.
- Autumnal Equinox
- Autumnal Equinox. • Sunday September 23: first day of autumn. • Equinox: equal; the length of daylight and night are approximately the same.
- What's Going on? Fall Equinox + Sun into Libra = Create Unity Hey
- intricacies of the Autumnal Equinox.
- The Autumnal Equinox Starlight Walking Tour of Mount Oread
- Sep 22, 2010 The Autumnal Equinox Starlight Walking Tour of Mount Oread with Professor Emeritus Ted Johnson. Beginning at 5 a.m.
Suggested News Resources
- What's Up in September: Summer waning as autumnal equinox nears
- The autumnal equinox arrives at 5:05 am Sept. 23 this year. The word equinox means "equal night.
- Starwatch: the September night sky
- The Sun is tracking southwards at its fastest for the year when it crosses the celestial equator at the autumnal equinox on the 23d.
- Autumnal equinox nigh
- We are just about one month away from the autumnal equinox, the first day of Autumn. Sept. 23, at 3:05 am MDT, the sun will cross the celestial equator headed south giving us, supposedly, equal day and night.
- Adam Aijala and Ben Kaufmann Welcome the Autumnal Equinox
- Yonder Mountain String Band's Adam Aijala and Ben Kaufmann will play their annual Autumnal Equinox show on September 17. The duo's performance will take place at Lyons, CO's Wildflower Pavilion at Planet Bluegrass.
- AT&T may not launch LTE until the autumnal equinox–that's Sept. 23
- By that measure, summer ends when the plane of the equator is parallel to the plane of the earth's orbit, otherwise known as the autumnal equinox, which this year falls on 9:04 AM, Sept. 23.
Suggested Web Resources
- Equinox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Vernal equinox and autumnal equinox: these classical names are direct .
- Fall Equinox — Infoplease.com
- Find information about the fall equinox, including the date, science, and significance.
- eSky: Autumnal Equinox
- Diagram of the Autumnal Equinox The Autumnal Equinox signals the end of the summer months and the beginning of winter.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.