A selection of articles related to avro vulcan.
Original articles from our library related to the Avro Vulcan. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Avro Vulcan.
- Originally an Etruscan God, Vulcan came to be recognized as a primary patron of Smiths, mechanics, and craftsmen. As such, he was often combined with the Hellenic Hephaestus and, like him (and so many other Aryan Smithy Gods), was lame. Also like Hephaestus,...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
Avro Vulcan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Avro Vulcan books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Vulcan car meets Vulcan bomber: Aston Martin vs Avro Vulcan
- Vulcan car meets Vulcan bomber: Aston Martin vs Avro Vulcan. As the last remaining airworthy Avro Vulcan prepared for its final flight in 2015, the iconic 1950s British V bomber was united with its modern namesake: the Aston Martin Vulcan.
- Farewell to Hinckley's Vulcan to the Sky project
- I use the word history because it and the people in it have played a crucial part in the organisation that kept the only remaining Avro Vulcan B1 bomber flying since its very costly restoration following a number of years at Bruntingthorpe.
- Avro Vulcan Takes Final Flight
- The Avro Vulcan XH558, a British bomber with a beautiful delta profile and an unmistakable howling sound, has landed for the last time, concluding its "Farewell to Flight" season.
- Avro Vulcan XH558 prepares for its final flight with a tour of the UK
- The world's last flying Avro Vulcan is preparing for its final ever flights after the decision was made to permanently ground the Cold War veteran jet.
- Video: Avro Vulcan Takes Final Flight with Red Arrows
- Marking the final flying season of the Vulcan XH558, the U.K.'s Royal Air Force Aerobatics Team, the Red Arrows, took its final flight with the mighty Cold War bomber on Saturday, September 19 at the Southport Air Show.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.