A selection of articles related to axis mundi.
Original articles from our library related to the Axis Mundi. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Axis Mundi.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Living Tradition of Thelema
- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. What Crowley began, others must continue and develop or Thelema will become but a memory in the history of the Western Mystery Tradition. Yes, he was a Prophet and the Ipsissimus that one could say invented...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part IV: The Temple Building
- Model of the Universe From at least the New Kingdom on the Egyptian cult temple building was a symbolic model of the universe. It was built along an east-west axis, following the sun´s course through the day and surrounded by a brick wall built in alternating...
Religions >> Egyptian
Axis Mundi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Axis Mundi books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- luxe modern - Axis Mundi
- Axis M undi luxe modern.
- Design comes in many different forms. We at Spaces - Axis Mundi
- Multi-MediuM. Axis Mundi. Design comes in many different forms.
- Quĥb: The Axis Mundi
- The ImΪm and the Quĥb: The Axis Mundi in ShiЫism and Sufism1.
- The Founding Fathers of Wicca
- Apr 6, 2004 AXIS MUNDI 2003/2004 ARTICLES. 1. The Founding Fathers of Wicca.
Suggested News Resources
- Media City Ballet celebrates 10th anniversary with 'Axis Mundi'
- LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Media City Ballet is celebrating its 10th anniversary with the multicultural show, "Axis Mundi." The show features 36 dancers representing several different countries.
- Retrofitting for energy-efficiency
- The New York-based firm Axis Mundi was approached by a mineral water company in Spain to convert its six-storey office building in a prominent locality of Barcelona into a striking visual statement.
- Celebrating a decade of dance
- (Photo by David Laurell) As both a celestial and geographic pole, the axis mundi is a point of connection between the heavens and earth where compass points meet.
- Yaghjian Shows Impressive Depth in Everyman Turns Six
- The woman can be read as an Eve figure, resting her hand against one of the trees that Yaghjian himself has referred to as the axis mundi, the cosmic axis or tree of life.
- Upcoming stage performances: August 12
- Media City Ballet presents Axis Mundi; 8:30 tonight. $24-$40. $5 parking.
Suggested Web Resources
- Axis Mundi | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- Axis Mundi's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- Welcome To Axis Mundi: A Student Journal For The Academic Study
- An online student journal at University of Alberta for academic study of Religion.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Axis Mundi Topics