A selection of articles related to babylonians.
Original articles from our library related to the Babylonians. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Babylonians.
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- An Overview of Different Types of Scrying
- Scrying is a method of divination. It consists of gazing into a crystal, a mirror or some water for example, anything shiny really, in order to enter altered mind states...A good cliché that best describes scrying is the gypsy fortune-teller and her large...
Divination >> Scrying
- (Akkadian/Babylonian) The later, Babylonian version of the Sumerian Abzu. According to the Babylonians, Apsu, a primordial dragon, was slain by Ea, who subsequently set up His home within Apsu's carcase....
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Babylonians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Babylonians books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 293 APPENDIX 3A, II DESCENDANCY CHART, NEO-BABYLONIANS
- Historical chronologies for the neo-Babylonian empire largely have been based Nabonidus were added to 538 b.c./b.
- Babylonians and Assyrians, Life and Customs
- Apr 16, 2008 The Project Gutenberg EBook of Babylonians and Assyrians,.
- The Babylonian Theory of the Planets Hugh Thurston The
- The Babylonians developed sophisticated theories for the motions of the when in fact they do not appear in the Babylonian tablets but were derived from them.
- ______ 1. Ancient Chinese counting machine. A. Babylonians
- EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT 40. ASSISTIVE COMPUTER LITERACY. QUIZ - - HISTORY.
Suggested News Resources
- Sept. stargazing: Sagittarius full of celestial delights
- The ancient Babylonians associated the constellation with Nergal, their god of the underworld, while the Greeks related it to Chiron, the wisest and gentlest of the centaurs.
- From Hussein Saddique, CNN
- In Jesus' case, it was the ways and sayings of the Babylonians, Greeks, Persians, Egyptians, Hitt-ites, Canaanites, OT, John the Baptizer and possibly the ways and sayings of traveling Greek Cynics.
- Effect of running water in the garden
- If you take a tip from the Babylonians and put them near water, they will amply reward you. There are two basic ways to get water into your yard, and which one you choose depends on how much money, time and upkeep you are willing to invest.
- Jeremiah 50:1-32: August 21—Accountability
- The city-state of Babylon was situated on the banks of the Euphrates River in what is now Southern Iraq.
Suggested Web Resources
- Babylonia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Babylonia was an ancient cultural region in central-southern Mesopotamia ( present-day Iraq), with Babylon as its capital.
- Babylonia: country, language, religion, culture
- Article describing the country, language, religion, and culture.
- Ancient Babylonia - History of Babylonia
- The city of Babylon was the capital of the ancient land of Babylonia in southern Mesopotamia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
buckley the buckley panto
justice of the peace canada
survival of the fittest