A selection of articles related to bacchic rites.
Original articles from our library related to the Bacchic Rites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bacchic Rites.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Bacchic Rites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bacchic Rites books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hundreds Gather for Unveiling of Satanic Statue in Detroit
- A little before midnight on Saturday, a crowd of around 700 gathered in an old industrial warehouse a few blocks from the Detroit River for what they'd been told was the “largest public satanic ceremony in history.
- Flare festival review – music, energy, spirit and stage blood
- Even individually, each of the three pieces in the first of this week's Flare festival triple bills might best be described as “defies categorisation”. Taken en masse, that sense of taxonomical panic only intensifies.
- Witchcraft – The Word & The Figure – Pt 1 A short walk through a long time.
- The Bacchic cult in Rome displays much of what became associated with the later Witches' revels – drinking, dancing, song and illicit sexual fun, all under the goat-horned mask of the God.
- Bakkhai, Almeida Theatre
- James Macdonald's production daringly fuses operatic settings of the essential Bacchic choruses by Orlando Gough, stunningly executed by 10 women, a mostly faithful translation rather than a “new version” by Anne Carson blending irony with pure poetry, ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Bacchic Rites Topics
Related searchessalmonella long-term effects
leeds twin cities
southgate london history
republic references and notes
george gemistus plethon