- Philippine sea gypsies search for new home amid skirmishing
- The Sulu archipelago, located in the western part of Mindanao in the Philippines, is the ancestral home of a number of indigenous tribes including the Badjao, otherwise known as the sea gypsies.
- Barbie ikinakampanya ang mga Badjao
- Congratulations kay Barbie Forteza, ang best actress ng katatapos na Director's Week Section ng 36th Porto International Film Festival na ginanap sa Portugal. Umani ng pagbati si Barbie mula sa mga kasama sa noontime show nilang Sunday PinaSaya last ...
- Portraits show the Badjao sea tribe of Borneo whose way of life is
- A photographer has captured the daily lives of a sea tribe who once roamed freely around the seas between Borneo, Indonesia and the Philippines. Polish photographer David Kaszlikowski photographed the Badjao Tribe in 2010 and says that the tribe, who ...
- Liberating Badjao women after war
- AN ELDERLY Badjao woman guides the Inquirer to the Buggoc Transitory Site in Barangay Santa Catalina in Zamboanga City. A wooden bridge leads to houses on stilt. The entrance serves as gate to the new Badjao community.
- Indigenous Peoples of the World — The Bajau
- Ethnonyms: Badjao, Badjau, Bajao, Bajaw, Sama Dilaut, Sea Gypsies .... Celebrations With the Sun: An Overview of Religious Phenomena among the Badjaos.
- The Badjao: Nomads of the sea - Al Jazeera English
- Dec 9, 2015 The traditional lifestyle of the nomadic Badjao people is under threat from modernisation and overfishing.
- Sama-Bajau in Philippines :: Joshua Project
- Scattered throughout the Sulu Archipelago of the Philippines live the Sama Badjao, a people nobody wants. Badjao means "man of the seas." By tradition, the ...
- Badjao | Ethnic Groups of the Philippines
- Badjao. Widely known as the “Sea Gypsies” of the Sulu and Celebes Seas, the Badjao are scattered along the coastal areas of Tawi Tawi, Sulu, Basilan, and ...
Badjao is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Badjao books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
request for comments history