A selection of articles related to bajuni islands.
Original articles from our library related to the Bajuni Islands. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bajuni Islands.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- On the heaviness of weight
- Mother goddesses of ancient cultures often are voluptuous figures with pronounced breasts and thighs. A successful nowadays paintress fills her canvasses with sensuous, joyful and overweight ladies, and everyone I’ve showed her pictures becomes happy and...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Bajuni Islands is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bajuni Islands books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Bajuni: people, society, geography, history, language1 1. Introduction
- When times got bad, Bajuni living or working on the mainland withdrew to the ( Bajuni) islands.
- MinoritiesSomaliaUNCU OCHAJul02draft
- African Coast. They live in Kismayo and the Islands of Jula, Madoga, Satarani,. Raskamboni, Bungabo, Dudey, Koyoma and Jovay (Bajuni Islands).
- 1 Somalia - Researched and compiled by the Refugee
- Nov 13, 2009 and on some of the larger offshore islands between Kismayo and Mombasa,. Kenya.
- Report on minority groups in Somalia
- Bajuni. 5.1 Groups and sub-groups, geographical distribution.
- Temanotat Somalia: Bajuni-øyene
- 16. feb 2010 lineage are pivotal, the focal points of social organization in the Bajuni Islands are the village and the island.
Suggested News Resources
- US Planes Join Battle
- Navy ships fitted with heavy weapons are reported to have arrived in the Somalia territorial waters and set up base around Bajuni Islands of Kudai, Ndoa, Chuvaye, Koyama, Fuma Iyu na Tini and Nchoni Islands.
Suggested Web Resources
- SomaliNet Forums • View topic - Bajuni Islands
- But in Bajuni islands, lol thats a pleasant suprise.
- A study on minorities in Somalia | ReliefWeb
- Aug 1, 2002 They live in Kismayo and the Islands of Jula, Madoga, Satarani, Raskamboni, Bungabo, Dudey, Koyoma and Jovay (Bajuni Islands).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.