A selection of articles related to bancroft library.
Original articles from our library related to the Bancroft Library. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bancroft Library.
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Burn Box – Demon Rost: The supression of free speech and religion
- Those were the words on a sign that was hung from the coat rack in the vestibule of the 45-member Harvest Assembly of God Church on Brownsdale Road in Penn Township, Pennsylvania. 40 members of the church, led by Rev. George Bender, held a book and video...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 5
- All things in the universe have at their basis, one fundamental essence which governs their creation, destruction and on-going actions. That singular essence is consciousness, (also known by some as God, or the Unified Field). Everywhere in Nature does...
Mind >> World Mind
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Exegesis On The Wiccan Rede
- All religions began with somebody's sudden flashing insight, enlightenment, a shining vision. Some mystic found the way and the words to share the vision, and, sharing it, attracted followers. The followers may repeat those precise and poetic words about the...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Bancroft Library is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bancroft Library books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Bancroft Library 670 Cragmont Avenue University of California
- James D. Hart Director, The Bancroft Library, U. of California, Berkeley, 1995- 2011.
- The Bancroft Library University of California, Graduate Fellowship
- The Bancroft Library University of California,.
- Regional Oral History Office The Bancroft Library University of
- The Bancroft Library. University of California. Berkeley, California.
- Powered by the California Digital Library, University of California.
Suggested News Resources
- Elaine Tennant named new Bancroft Library director
- Elaine Tennant, new director of The Bancroft Library. Photo by Peg Skorpinski.
- Our Last Chance to Record the Voices of New Deal Workers through Oral History
- In this entry, I would like to consider two recent interviews recorded by the Regional Oral History Office (ROHO) of The Bancroft Library.
- Story of extinct Grizzly on display at naval museum
- The exhibit was created by the Bancroft Library in Berkeley and a smaller version is touring the state, with Vallejo the latest pit stop before a Ukiah visit.
- Actress brings Gertrude Stein's artistic circle to life
- It was the only book Lane published, but for years a manuscript about her time in Paris cavorting with the Steins, Picasso, Matisse and others languished in the Bancroft Library.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Bancroft Library
- May 10, 2010 The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley.
- Bancroft Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Bancroft Library is the primary special collections library of the University of California, Berkeley.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.