Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
- A new Mother India, armed, aggressive
- In colonised India, we have its first glimpse in a 1873 play, Bharat Mata, by Kiran Chandra Bandopadhyaya, written when Bengal was reeling under famine and starvation. This was followed by another novel, Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay's famed account ...
- Are India's English writers getting better at writing in Indian?
- The challenge, then, has been to write in English without sounding as though the characters live their lives in English too.
- National Song 'Vande Mataram' writer Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay's birth
- Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay was a Bengali, writer, poet and a journalist who composed our National Song 'Vande Mataram' during the India's freedom struggle. He wrote several serious, comical, satirical and scientific novels and publications in Bengali.
- How the Sangh Parivar transformed Bharat Mata into a militant goddess
- So, in 1936, from Bengal, the land of Durga worshippers, came Anand Math, a novel in Bengali by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay. The novel laid a solid foundation for the cult of Bharat Mata.
- For country, Not king: Controversies around the national anthem
- “Since the national anthem was adopted in 1950, Hindu nationalists within the Congress lobbied for Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay's Vande Mataram as the national anthem. Chattopadhyay, who was known to be a Hindu revivalist, was a figure of great ...
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay Topics
Related searchesbook of micah who wrote it
ulna the radial notch
history of corsets victorian corsets