Bard College Notable Alumni
A selection of articles related to bard college notable alumni.
Original articles from our library related to the Bard College Notable Alumni. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bard College Notable Alumni.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Story of the Celts: The Celts in Britain
- The Celts in Britain [ 27 ] What is obvious when studying the Celts, as when studying anything, is that different experts say different things--there are always men of knowledge who have conflicting views about specifics. The dates of when the Celts came to...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 5
- WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME A foot and light-hearted I take to the open road, Healthy, free, and the world before me, The long brown path before me leading Wherever I choose. Henceforth I ask not for good fortune, I myself am good fortune, Henceforth I...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
Bard College Notable Alumni is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bard College Notable Alumni books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Who should we blame: an assessment of guilt in Trumpism
- Only Donald Trump could be the perfect bard of a media age where no standard is too sacred to uphold and no story too ridiculous to ignore. I am as much a ...
- What Can We Learn From the New Yorker's Bard College Alumni Letter?
- In this week's New Yorker, Alice Gregory puzzles over the future of tiny Bard College, from which (as she discloses in an oddly coy aside) she graduated five years ago.
- Simon's Rock Early College: Three GenDIY Women Paving Their Own Path
- In 1979, Simon's Rock became affiliated with Bard College, and the school's official name since 2007 has been Bard College at Simon's Rock. It remains one of a kind, the only accredited four-year ...
- Prison inmates best Harvard debate team: Does prison education work?
- The winners are part of the Bard Prison Initiative, a program that provides qualified inmates with an opportunity to earn tuition-free degrees from Bard College.
- Gerald Eugene McEldowney
- Gerald attended Junction City High School where he was a talented pole-vaulter and halfback for the Tigers. Gerald completed his senior season with 142 points and 1,097 yards on 96 tries. He was then named to the 1970 Emerald League all-star football ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.