A selection of articles related to baroque art.
Original articles from our library related to the Baroque Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Baroque Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Baroque Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Baroque Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Studies in Northern Baroque Art
- History of Art 724 SPRING 2011. Studies in Northern Baroque Art. Accessing the Divine: Objects of Meditation and Mediation.
- Baroque. Striving to Impress How does Baroque compare with the. Renaissance?
- New World Baroque Art S04
- Required books: John Berger, Ways of Seeing. John Martin, Baroque ( HarperCollins, 1977).
- Baroque Art: 17th - Early 18th c Baroque Art: 17 -Early 18 c.
- Baroque Art: 17 -Early 18 c. Baroque. From the Portuguese word barocco - irregularly shaped pearl – which is beautiful, fascinating and strange.
Suggested News Resources
- Community Lacking Art and Culture?
- Andy Dennis says his art teacher told him to come to the Baroque Art Exhibit at the Brogan Museum in Tallahassee. He says more young people don't take the time to enjoy art because they just don't realize how accessible it is locally.
- Humanity and desire focus of Baroque period art on show
- By Zhang zixuan (China Daily) Fans of Baroque art, once derided as eccentric and a sad end to the glory of Renaissance art that preceded it, have a treat in store for them at the Beijing World Art Museum.
- BJU Museum celebrates 60 years of art
- “Baroque art was out of favor, so works were very affordable,” Jones says. “He was able through the '50s, '60s and '70s to establish a strong art collection and continually add to it.” It was only in the 1980s that art became prohibitively expensive.
Suggested Web Resources
- Baroque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A good example of Bernini's Baroque work is his St.
- Baroque - Baroque Art
- Baroque - Baroque Paintings and Art History study of the movement, Artists, Oil Paintings, Images, connection to other Movements and Art resources.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.