- Meet the best bassoon maker in the world
- The bassoon - an 8-foot tube doubled up and encased in maple - emits the richest, warmest sound you can imagine. The bassoon player sits in the middle of the orchestra, lips pursed, thumbs and fingers playing on a network of silver keys. Seldom a star.
- Music review: Sarasota Orchestra Chamber Concert: 'Brass to Bassoon'
- The program, titled “Brass to Bassoon,” opened with a short fanfare for a lot of brass players from Paul Dukas' ballet, “La Peri” (The Flower of Immortality).
- Orlando Philharmonic concert salutes Mozart (and the bassoon)
- The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra will celebrate Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in its next Focus Series concert, which takes place this Monday, March 14. The program includes the great composer's Divertimento in F Major, Symphony No. 29 in A Major and ...
- SFA Bassoon Ensemble to perform program of classical, jazz, popular music
- SFA Bassoon Ensemble to perform program of classical, jazz, popular music. NACOGDOCHES, Texas – The Bassoon Ensemble at Stephen F. Austin State University will present a concert at 2:30 p.
- Homegrown Home Run
- Jokingly called “the bedpost,” the bassoon is the most omitted instrument in the classical solo repertoire.
Bassoon is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bassoon books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.