Battle Of Crocus Field
A selection of articles related to battle of crocus field.
Original articles from our library related to the Battle Of Crocus Field. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Battle Of Crocus Field.
- Gwydion and the Battle of the Trees
- One of the common themes in Welsh mythology involves raids into the Underworld. This nether land realm is called by different sources Annwn, Achren, Caer Sidi, or by modern English references: Hades or the Otherworld. The images of the Welsh Underworld were...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Suggested "Field Trips" for Runic Study
- I began this article after discussing with my colleagues just what the Runes mean and how one goes about studying them. I also remembered that my Rune teacher, Thorr Sheil, told me that he and HIS teacher went to a dairy farm while they were studying the Rune...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Crocus: Correspondences
- Crocus vernus Folk Names: Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love, Visions...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 27:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When a man shall make a singular vow, the persons shall be for the LORD by thy estimation. 27:3 And thy estimation shall be of the male from...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Battle Of Crocus Field is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Battle Of Crocus Field books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Age grades: see names of individual grades Agesilaus (ephor), 166
- Crocus Field, battle of, 159. Croesus of Lydia, 10, 52–3, 113. Crypteia, 17, 84, 86, 173, 174.
- WEB 264
- Crisa, Gulf of, 289. Crison, WEB 123. Critias, 263, 406–408; WEB.
- Theopompus's Philippica
- Justin's statement (8.2.3) that he ordered his soldiers to don laurel wreaths before the Battle of the Crocus Field.
- Athenian Naval Power in the Fourth Century
- 4 Diod. 16. 35.
- American Battle Monuments Commission Florence American
- American Battle Monuments Commission. Florence American .
Suggested News Resources
- A Day, or More Than Two Millennia, in the Life of Salonika: Natterings from
- In the year 353/2 B.C. a daughter was born to Alexander the Great's father, King Philip II of Macedon, on the very same day that he won the Battle of Crocus Field over the Phocians in Thessaly, central Greece, with the help of crack Thessalian horsemen.
- 3 Tips for Packing Light
- Due to Palau's strong market for snorkel and scuba ecotourism, a single live reef shark is worth roughly US$1.9 million over its lifetime (compared with a value of US$108 for a dead shark).
Suggested Web Resources
- Battle of the Crocus Field (ancient Greek history) -- Britannica Online
- Battle of the Crocus Field (ancient Greek history), Aspects of the topic Battle of the Crocus Field are discussed in the following places at Britannica.
- Battle of Crocus Field
- Battle of Crocus Field. References: 'Histories' by Herodotus published by Wordsworth 1996.
- Ancient Greek Battles
- PREVIOUS, |, HOME, |, BATTLES, |, WHO IS..? |, WHERE IS.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.