A selection of articles related to bears.
Original articles from our library related to the Bears. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bears.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- An Overview of Different Types of Scrying
- Scrying is a method of divination. It consists of gazing into a crystal, a mirror or some water for example, anything shiny really, in order to enter altered mind states...A good cliché that best describes scrying is the gypsy fortune-teller and her large...
Divination >> Scrying
- She-bear. Gaulish. A Goddess of Bears, a protector and nurturer of ursine virtues. Closely associated with the Helvetican city of Berne. See also, Andarta....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- The God of the Hammer
- Gaulish/Continental. This is a figure of which a number of images and icons survive. He is invariably represented as a bearded male of pleasant and friendly aspect. He always bears a large, usually long-handled maul. Almost always, he also carries a cup or...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Bears is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bears books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Chicago Bears Activity Book.qxp
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Educational Outreach Program. 1. Chicago Bears Edition.
- Bears, Grizzly/Brown
- C-17. GRIZZLY/BROWN. BEARS.
- Facts about Black Bears
- Bear Facts for Kids. Facts about Black Bears. Black bears can smell and hear very well.
- Black Bears
- Black bears are the smallest and most common of the three bear species found in North America, and the only species found in Pennsylvania.
Suggested News Resources
- Chicago vs. Tennessee
- (Sports Network) - With their star running back still not present, the Tennessee Titans continue their preparations for the upcoming 2011 campaign with Saturday's clash with the Chicago Bears from LP Field.
- As Hurricane Irene bears down, New Yorkers stock up to make the storm more
- By AP, NEW YORK — Many stores in New York were closed on Saturday as Hurricane Irene neared, with some posting signs like “Blame the weatherman. Not us.
- Airlines Gird for More US Cancellations as Irene Bears Down on New York
- By Mary Schlangenstein and Mary Jane Credeur - Sat Aug 27 20:07:36 GMT 2011 Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Hurricane Irene batters Buxton, North Carolina in the Outer Banks.
- Coming up: Titans vs. Bears
- Bears update. Chicago is coming off a 41-13 pummeling at the hands of the Giants on Monday, but most of New York's points came against reserves.
- Alaska joins appeal of ruling on polar bear 'threatened' status
- By RICHARD MAUER The Parnell administration on Friday joined a parade of parties appealing the June decision by a federal judge in Washington, DC, that the government correctly listed polar bears as a threatened species.
Suggested Web Resources
- Official Website - Chicago Bears
- Official team site with audio and video clips, team news, depth charts, transactions, statistics, player profiles, and live Soldier Field webcam.
- Bear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Bears are mammals of the family Ursidae. Bears are classified as caniforms, or doglike carnivorans, with the pinnipeds being their closest living relatives.
- Bears: Polar, Grizzly Bear, Panda, Kodiak, Brown, Teddy and Black
- Bears - Polar Bear with Grizzly Bear, Panda, Kodiak, Teddy, Koala, Big Brown and Black Bear. Bear pictures, toys, cub, for all species of bears.
- Chicago Bears Football Clubhouse - ESPN
- Chicago Bears scores, news, schedule, players, stats, photos, rumors, and highlights on ESPN.com.
- Bears.Org, Bear Information and Resources
- Dedicated to preserving information about bears and presenting it in a way that is clear and easy to understand.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.