A selection of articles related to bearsden history.
Original articles from our library related to the Bearsden History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bearsden History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Bearsden History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bearsden History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Little History of Bearsden North Church - Bearsden Cross Church
- A Little History of Bearsden North Church. (photograph courtesy of East Dunbartonshire Council). This is Bearsden Free Church as it was in 1899 and is a fine ...
- A Brief History - Bearsden Cross Church
- booklet "Bearsden South Parish Church, The First Hundred Years, ... them to new members, and secondly 17 years on the history contained in it is incomplete.
- House History - EDLC
- How do I trace the history of my house in East Dunbartonshire? 2. Maps ...
- bearsden: fort and bath-house - Antonine Wall
- HISTORY OF DISCOVERY AND EXCAVATION: The fort at Bearsden was known to eighteenth century antiquaries, who were able to recognise the fort's ...
- The Roman Period - Glasgow Life
- 2 Essays on the Local History and Archaeology of West Central Scotland. Introduction and ... at Bearsden (1973–82), the fort and possible vicus.
Suggested News Resources
- Cult heroes: the Pastels – the quirky individualists at the heart of Glasgow's
- It was Brian “Superstar” Taylor, a slightly older friend of Postcard svengali Alan Horne, who first took seriously the cocksure aspirations of the duffle-coat sporting Bearsden boy with a DIY haircut.
- The strange death of Labour Scotland
- The end of the golden age of Scottish Labour came about in part because of the gradual erosion and, in some cases, the disappearance, dating back to the late 20th century, of the historical pillars on which its power had been built.
- 9am Round-Up: Craig Ross storms into SA Amateur semi-finals
- Leven Links, home of the world's oldest amateur tournament, has appointed a professional for the first time in its 170-year history in a bid to “put the club back on the golfing map”.
- Taking a trip back in time for a week celebrating local history
- A whole range of events celebrating East Dunbartonshire's rich engineering history have been organised at venues across the area. Brookwood Library, in Bearsden, will be displaying a series of photographs and articles showcasing the Bennie Railplane ...
- Glasgow history spanning 60 years celebrated in new embroidery exhibition
- Among the contributors is Lindsay Morrison, from Bearsden, who has been a member of the Embroiderers' Guild for 33 years. Lindsay, 64, a part-time university lecturer, worked on the panel for the year 1993 and chose to feature Nelson Mandela's visit ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Bearsden History Topics
ketorolac mechanism of action
theodore stephanides bibliography
underwood-simmons tariff act
kerry collins racism
through the looking-glass chess