A selection of articles related to beatnik era.
Original articles from our library related to the Beatnik Era. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Beatnik Era.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- Polyamory: Loving Unlimited
- Unconditional loving, loving "without limits and without restrictions" in all areas and in all interactions, is one of the basic aims and guiding principles of the Aluna network of communities for the New- Partnership Era to come. Let's get really...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Beatnik Era is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Beatnik Era books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Beautiful Beatnik-Era Paper Planes From the Streets of NYC
- There are many, many ways of folding a paper airplane, and from sometime in the 1960s to an undetermined year in the 1980s, Harry Everett Smith probably found one of each make on the streets of downtown New York. We'll never know for sure, because ...
- from the magazine Half in Love with Blind Joe Death
- The acoustic guitarist John Fahey was one of those musicians who exist below the hosanna of popular acclaim: awkward savants who may not shift a colossal number of “units” but have a profound effect on those who fall under their spell.
- The Magic of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- From a taxi window at 11:00 in the morning, San Miguel de Allende looked like a typical colonial-era city in Mexico's central highlands. This famous colonial city is known for its baroque Spanish architecture, thriving arts scene and cultural festivals.
- Santa Cruz novelist takes out rage on page
- Veblen's namesake is Thorstein Veblen, a Progressive Era economist who coined the term “conspicuous consumption” to describe how the upper class displays its wealth to project social superiority.
- Frank Miller's Elektra: Assassin Is a Hot Mess, But It's a Beautiful Hot Mess
- Ken Wind, for example, is painted as the ultimate 1980s Liberal—a peace loving beatnik who lit candles at Woodstock as a youth, and is now sweeping the nation as an earnest idealist. But his veneer of smug fakery comes ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Beatnik Era Topics
Related searchesairport express mtr fare system
battle of cyzicus the battle
piper cherokee designation sequence
bandar utama history
name philosophical accounts of names
chinatown manhattan history