A selection of articles related to beltane fires.
Original articles from our library related to the Beltane Fires. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Beltane Fires.
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Beltane was a day representing many things to the Celtic people. It was the second of the four fire festivals. To most it celebrated the sun God, Baal(British)/ Bel(Irish)/ Beli(Welsh)/ Belanos(Pan-Celtic), although the sun appears to have been originally...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Beltane Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the joining of the God and the Goddess. She is now in her Mother aspect, and it is from Her womb that all life will spring. This is yet another fertility Sabbat. The altar and circle should be decorated with flowers. Any white flowers...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Beltane Fires is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Beltane Fires books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Viking Chief Tore Hund and his successful resistance against Christian conversion
- The day after the king's men rowed from one point of land to another, and over all the king ordered the habitations to be set on fire. Now when the bondes who were assembled saw what the king was doing, namely, plundering and burning, and saw the smoke ...
- Beltane 2015: 3 Things You Need To Know About The Pagan Festival
- Beltane, also spelled Beltine or Beltaine, comes from the Celtic word meaning “fires of Bel,” in reference to the Celtic sun deity. The Celts celebrated the coming summer with rituals that honored fertility and open pasturing.
- Down the Rabbit Hole of a Past-Life Retrievalist
- Is it earth, air, fire, or water? Its like spinning a pinwheel that has the colors and elements on it. Then I let go of the edges of the void and whichever element snaps into the foreground is the one I follow.
- Beltane Past: Fire and Folklore
- Like most of the Pagan sabbats, there's a timelessness to the idea of Beltane. Dalliances in the moonlight, maypoles, frivolity, crowns of flowers . .
- Beltane Fire society marks winter and summer battle
- Beltane Fire society marks winter and summer battle. 1 November 2015 Last updated at 10:17. The Beltane Fire Society celebrated its 20th Samhuinn in Edinburgh's Grassmarket on Saturday night.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Beltane Fires Topics
Related searchesanimorphs andalites
henry george a critique
french toast preparation