A selection of articles related to beltane.
Original articles from our library related to the Beltane. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Beltane.
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Beltane was a day representing many things to the Celtic people. It was the second of the four fire festivals. To most it celebrated the sun God, Baal(British)/ Bel(Irish)/ Beli(Welsh)/ Belanos(Pan-Celtic), although the sun appears to have been originally...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Beltane Sabbat Ritual
- This Sabbat celebrates the joining of the God and the Goddess. She is now in her Mother aspect, and it is from Her womb that all life will spring. This is yet another fertility Sabbat. The altar and circle should be decorated with flowers. Any white flowers...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Pagan Festivals
- There are eight major pagan festivals celebrated by Wiccans and other pagans. Yes, just like other religions, they have a set of religious festivals that they observe and celebrate.
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Beltane is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Beltane books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Beltane Traditions and History
- Beltane was the second most important festival of the ancient Celts (the other And, as Samhain was the Celtic New Year, Beltane was the mid- year festival.
- Spring has Sprung and Beltane is Upon Us!
- 1. TristA, Shannon Donaldson, Petra Lucas, Laura Shadley, Chaka. Vol.
Suggested News Resources
- Wiccan days included on Tenn. university calendar
- The Wiccan and pagan holidays listed by Vanderbilt include Samhain-Beltane on Nov. 1 and Beltane-Samhain on May 1. Those spellings and dates match the ones on interfaithcalendar.
- Vanderbilt allows students to observe Wiccan holidays
- The news that students could get excused absences to celebrate Samhain (Halloween) or dance around the Maypole for Beltane (May 1) drew an enthusiastic reaction from at least one member of the Nashville Wiccan community.
- Short detours from wine trail yield fabulous fromage
- "We carry Beaver Brook Farm, Cato Corner and Beltane Farm currently." All three producers are well known in the state.
- Wishaw Juniors enjoy winning start to life at Beltane Park
- WISHAW Juniors thrashed Royal Albert 4-1 to kick-start a new era at Beltane Park on Saturday.
- Newmains United face injury crisis ahead of Wishaw Juniors derby clash
- NEWMAINS UNITED could have as many as NINE players unavailable for this weekend's derby clash against Wishaw Juniors at Beltane Park, leading to manager David Ross not surprisingly admitting he would happily settle for a point.
Suggested Web Resources
- Beltane -- Holiday Details and History - Witchvox Article
- Beltane is the last of the three spring fertility festivals, the others being Imbolc and Beltane is the second principal Celtic festival (the other being Samhain).
- Wiccan, Pagan and Witchcraft Holidays., April 30th, Beltane
- History, information, lore and activities for the Pagan Holiday of Beltane.
- In Celtic tradition, the two greatest festivals of the solar year are Samhain and Beltane, celebrations of death and rebirth, respectively.
- Beltane/May Day - Mything Links
- Illustrated and annotated page of links to Beltane and May Day. The choices and site reviews come from a professor of mythology, Dr. Kathleen Jenks.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
mercedes yvette scelba-shorte