A selection of articles related to beowulf literature.
Original articles from our library related to the Beowulf Literature. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Beowulf Literature.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part III: The Wisdom Literature
- It may seem that religion in ancient Egypt was mainly concerned with preserving the status of kingship and of a powerful priesthood. However, at all levels of society relationship with a deity through prayers and offerings on a daily basis was of great...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- Burn Box – Demon Rost: The supression of free speech and religion
- Those were the words on a sign that was hung from the coat rack in the vestibule of the 45-member Harvest Assembly of God Church on Brownsdale Road in Penn Township, Pennsylvania. 40 members of the church, led by Rev. George Bender, held a book and video...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
Beowulf Literature is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Beowulf Literature books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- i-12 Beowulf 823546 (Page i)
- Saxon literature is the epic poem Beowulf. Its age is unknown; but it comes from a very distant and hoar antiquity . .
- Eng 513: Survey of British Literature, Beowulf to 1800
- Eng 513: Survey of British Literature, Beowulf to 1800. Instructor: Susanne Paterson.
- English 373A: British Literature from Beowulf to Paradise Lost
- English 373A: British Literature from Beowulf to Paradise Lost. John Ulreich. Mod .
- AMERICAN CULTURES & GLOBAL CONTEXTS SPECIALIZATION
- Beowulf, Literature of Chivalry, and Chaucer, as well as to engage with literatures in languages other than English.
- Beowulf TG
- Beowulf is noted especially for two literary devices — alliteration and kenning.
Suggested Web Resources
- SparkNotes: Beowulf: Context
- A short biography describes 's life, times, and work. Also explains the historical and literary context that influenced Beowulf.
- Beowulf - Classic Literature
- Read "Beowulf," one of the greatest poetic works of the Medieval era.
- Resources for the Study of Beowulf | Greene Hamlet
- Beowulf and Old English Literature.
- The Adventures of Beowulf
- Written in Old English about 1100 A.D., Beowulf describes the adventures of a great Scandinavian warrior of the sixth century.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.