- Two Spirits, One Heart, Five Genders
- Men who were poor hunters, possibly berdaches, procured bark for the cabins, ran errands back to the town where the old people were left, made wooden bowls and dishes and clay tobacco pipes." By the early 1900's, it had been claimed that there were no ...
- State Agents Investigate Yoga Instructor Because She Was Accused of Giving
- Renee Bierbaum / FacebookThe trouble isn't quite over for Renee Bierbaum—the widow, mother, and martial artist whose home-based yoga studio was threatened by her county government and a Native-American activist accusing her of cultural ...
- 'Two Spirit People' -- UMass Amherst Urges Students To Know 'Transgender
- “It is commonly used to describe anatomical women who took on the roles and/or dress of men and anatomical men who took on the roles and/or dress of women in the past (preferred term to 'berdache'),” the document says. “The term is also often used by ...
- Joining the Annual Gathering of the Two Spirit Society in Montana
- French explorers in the 17th and 18th centuries encountered individuals whom they could not classify as either male or female and called them “berdache,” a slur that refers to a “passive homosexual,” or even a male prostitute.
Berdache is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Berdache books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchespollution regulation and monitoring
potato food value