- The Secret Jewish History of Napoleon Bonaparte
- Since Napoleon was always seeking new recruits to fight for him, would he have heard about the Polish Jewish soldiers Berek Joselewicz and Joseph Aronowicz who fought for the military leader Tadeusz Kościuszko?
- PHIL POTEMPA: Documentary about Kosciuszko with PNC professor airing on PBS
- His ally Berek Joselewicz formed the first wholly Jewish military unit since biblical times and called Kosciuszko "a messenger from God." Muslims and a black man named Jean Lapierre traveled to Poland to join Kosciuszko's multicultural revolution.
- This Day in Jewish History 1794: Polish Resistance Forms Jewish Cavalry
- Dov Baer (or Berek, in Polish) Joselewicz was a Jewish Polish financial administrator born in 1764 (also on September 17) in Katinga, in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. After a traditional Jewish education, Joselewicz became proficient in business, ...
- WATCH: New Warsaw Museum Tells Story of Poland's Jews
- One is Berek Joselewicz, an 18th-century Polish-army colonel who became a Polish national hero after commanding a Jewish brigade against the Russians in a failed Polish bid to regain independence. The museum is full of pictures, films and documents, ...
Berek Joselewicz is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Berek Joselewicz books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Berek Joselewicz Topics
Related searchesaberdeen washington famous people
kuruba kurubas today
dream dictionary mustard