- Under new system, Vatican budgets show previously unreported assets
- Files from officials at Britain's Ministry of Economic Warfare at the end of the war criticised the pope's financier, Bernardino Nogara, who controlled the investment of more than £50m cash from the Mussolini windfall.
- 'God's Bankers,' by Gerald Posner
- Beginning with Bernardino Nogara, appointed by Pius XI in 1929, the church also empowered a series of often shady financial advisers to engage in financial wheeling and dealing around the globe. “So long as the balance sheets showed surpluses,” Posner ...
- Book review: Vatican money trail uncovers murder, intrigue, scandal
- After the Lateran Pacts, the Vatican was more flush, and Pius XI put Bernardino Nogara, a devout layman with a long background in finance, in charge of the church's money. Nogara was a wheeler dealer who, for example, established accounts in ...
Bernadino Nogara is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bernadino Nogara books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.