Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy
A selection of articles related to bessie smith artistic legacy.
Original articles from our library related to the Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy.
- Weyland the Smith
- Not British as such, he was imported by the Anglo-Saxons from the continent. He is known in Teutonic sources, Frankish sources, and in Scandinavia, where he is called Volund. The gist of his tale is that he loved a swan-maiden who lived with him for seven...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- Working with the elements
- Four is the number of the physical universe. Both the square and the cross are symbols of material life in the three-dimensional world. The horizontal line of the cross symbolizes time, and the vertical one depicts space. The corners of the square and the...
Magick >> The Elements
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Polyamory: Loving Unlimited
- Unconditional loving, loving "without limits and without restrictions" in all areas and in all interactions, is one of the basic aims and guiding principles of the Aluna network of communities for the New- Partnership Era to come. Let's get really...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Literary Perspectives of Bessie Smith
- Bessie Smith: an American Icon from Three Perspectives examines Smith's life, but dismissed the necessity of myth in shaping her legacy. ...
- THE BELOVED PURPLE OF THEIR EYES: INHERITING BESSIE
- broadened in order to incorporate different cultural and artistic manifestations. Deborah E. ..
- BESSIE SMITH
- voice of Bessie Smith singing the blues penetrate the closed ears of the Bessie Smith might have had as much to . One can imagine a young Art Studevant and his . artists/Legacy/RootsNBlues/bessie.
- Blues Lyrics
- Have students listen to “Lost Your Head Blues” by Bessie Smith, recording the words as . students consider the lyrical legacy of the blues on popular music, ask them to complete a side-by-side comparison of The Ancient Art of Sampling.
- Jazz Me News September 2009
- Sep 1, 2009 blues legacy of singers Gertrude "Ma". Rainey and Bessie Smith.
Suggested Web Resources
- Bessie Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Bessie Smith (April 15, 1894 – September 26, 1937) was an American blues singer. . Bessie Smith worked at Art's Cafe on Ridge Avenue, but not as a hostess and .
- Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy | RM.com ®
- Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy articles, reference materials. Need more on Bessie Smith Artistic Legacy?
- What do I know...?: Bessie Smith - Introduction
- May 9, 2007 Both Bessie Smith's musical sophistication and her artistic legacy are beyond compare.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.