A selection of articles related to bharatanatyam elements.
Original articles from our library related to the Bharatanatyam Elements. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bharatanatyam Elements.
- Working with the elements
- Four is the number of the physical universe. Both the square and the cross are symbols of material life in the three-dimensional world. The horizontal line of the cross symbolizes time, and the vertical one depicts space. The corners of the square and the...
Magick >> The Elements
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- What are the elements, and how many of them are there?
- In the context of magick and ritual, you will find that the four elements of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth are often used. These are powerful representations of natural magick. On the pentacle, our sacred symbol, each point of the star represents one element....
Magick >> The Elements
- Balancing Deficient Elements
- Analgous to mineral deficency a person lacking the presence of natal Planets in a particular element will also need to establish practical methods in order to balance the element in question. An example of a deficiency would be: Earth 1 Air 4 Fire 3 Water 4...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Elements of Color Magick
- "Color is the place where our mind and the universe meet each other." Paul Cezanne In magick colors represent a certain energy, goal, person (someone you're working for) or a non-physical being (deity, spiritual force). The magickal color meanings...
Symbology >> Colorology
- The Perpetual Raising: Part 2
- (Part 2 of 5) Every cubic inch of the body constantly radiates our internal state of being to the environment. In return, each one also unceasingly receives psychic inputs, (feelings, thoughts, Intentions, the general state of consciousness of others, etc.)...
Mind >> World Mind
Bharatanatyam Elements is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bharatanatyam Elements books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Tandava-Lasya: The cosmic fusion
- The lasya elements are represented by movements that are soft, fluid, and seem to merge into one another in a graceful blur with no sharp edges. Make no mistake.
- Stories that dance
- One of the significant elements of my Naatya Katha is bringing in reference points to contemporary issues by drawing parallels from older traditions. It always ... U.
- Bharatanatyam with benefits
- Nalini Prakash, a US based dance/movement therapist for instance, uses dance and movement in her work with individuals who have mental illness. "I have used elements of Bharatanatyam, like the navarasas to work with some of my patients who struggle ...
- Why a cultural festival in a Chennai fishing village could be the start of a
- The radical pairings included Bharatanatyam with paraiaatam, a dance and percussion genre associated with funerals, and Carnatic music with gaana, a genre specific to Tamil Nadu that is akin to rap. Everything we assume about these art forms was ...
- Watch twins perform superb fusion of Robotic and Bharatnatyam dance
- Indian-American. We aim to inspire. Poonam and Priyanka, who are of Indian origin, blend robotic dance elements with Bharatanatyam, but even when their fingers recreate traditional mudras, their bodies are in sync with the heady beat of the fusion music.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.