Bhikkus In Buddhism
A selection of articles related to bhikkus in buddhism.
Original articles from our library related to the Bhikkus In Buddhism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bhikkus In Buddhism.
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Religions >> Buddhism
- I entrust myself to earth, Earth entrusts herself to me. I entrust myself to Buddha, Buddha entrusts herself to me. In Buddhism, there are three gems: Buddha, the awakened one; Dharma, the way of understanding and loving; and Sangha, the community that lives...
Religions >> Buddhism
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Bhikkus In Buddhism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bhikkus In Buddhism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Bhikkhus' Rules – A Guide for Laypeople - BuddhaNet
- bhikkhus' rules, The Buddhist Monastic Code; to Venerable Thiradhammo Bhikkhu ... are right to feel part of the Dhamma-Vinaya, as the Lord Buddha said:.
- The Buddhist Monastic Code I - Access to Insight
- Buddhist. Monastic. Code I.
- Compassion in Buddhist Psychology - John Makransky
- In Mahayana Buddhism, compassion becomes the primary ... Compassion in Early Buddhism and Theravada Tradition ..... Nyanamoli , Bhikku (Translator).
- History and Development of the Bhikkhuni Sangha - New WW2
- According to early accounts, the Buddha established the Bhikkhuni Sangha (the ..... Buddha was alive some bhikkus objected to his allowing of women in the ...
- Original Buddhism And Brahminic Interference Why? - Ambedkar.org
- A member of the UK Buddhist Society, and Psychology Ph. D. student and a ....
Suggested News Resources
- The Muslim community has no leaders, we have only dealers - Asath Salley
- Salley subsequently publicly took up cudgels with the Buddhist extremist group the Bodu Bala Sena and was one of the first to publicly reveal the Norwegian and American connections of the BBS. He played a prominent role in the yahapalana movement that ...
- When Buddhist monks are taken into custody, Chief Sangha Nayakas should be
- We must protect Buddhist Bhikkus in this Gautama Buddha era, he added. "Sri Lanka's recorded history is over 2,500 years old which is closely connected to Buddhism spread through Buddhist Bhikkus. He added that the measure should be implemented ...
- True humility is the mark of a seeker
- Once, a great king decided to renounce his power and possessions and seek initiation from the Buddha as a monk. The bhikkus gathered around the hermitage to witness the ceremony. The king arrived, dressed in an ochre robe.
- Theravada and Tibetan Bhikku Vinaya dialogue at Grepung Monastic University, India
- The participants from Theravada tradition, Sri Lanka was organized by the Sri Lankan Tibetan Buddhist Brotherhood Society lead by Most Ven. Dr. Iththapana Dhammalankara Maha Nayake Thero.
Suggested Web Resources
- Bhikkhu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The lives of all Buddhist monastics are governed by a set of rules called the ... Bhikkhus are subject to a much longer set of rules known, the Pātimokkha ...
- Bhikkhuni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A bhikkhunī (Pali) or bhikṣuṇī (Sanskrit) is a fully ordained female monastic in Buddhism. Male monastics are called bhikkhus. Both bhikkhunis and bhikkhus ...
- The Buddhist Monk's Discipline: Some Points Explained for Laypeople
- Preface. In the small treatise which follows, the good of both bhikkhus (Buddhist monks) and of the lay Buddhist householders has been aimed at and the ...
- The Bhikkhus' Rules: A Guide for Laypeople - Access to Insight
- Buddhism was often first introduced to a new country when bhikkhus were invited to come and teach the new religion by the indigenous ruler. This process now ...
- bhikku | Buddhist monasticism | Britannica.com
- Thus, a Buddhist monk or nun is marked primarily by his or her practice of poverty and nonattachment to the material world. Originally, bhikkus were the ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.